+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oh yay.. Another AnySim problem!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This post is probably one of millions although I did search I couldn't find a straight answer to my problem so I'm posting. I was following this guide : http://www.winandmac.com/mobile/ipho...nd-jailbroken/
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Oh yay.. Another AnySim problem!
    This post is probably one of millions although I did search I couldn't find a straight answer to my problem so I'm posting.

I was following this guide : http://www.winandmac.com/mobile/ipho...nd-jailbroken/

I was doing everything correct just like it says like in many other guides and then I get to the 1.1.2 unlocking step. I download AnySim 1.1.2u, set my phone in airplane mode, put my T-Mobile USA sim in and I run it. At the end it tells me its unlocked. So I reboot the phone and guess what, its lied to me. I cannot make a call or even get any bars and it keeps telling me that I cannot use an unactivated sim. I used the Baseband Downgrader to virgin the firmware or w/e its called and still it doesn't work?

To get my iPhone out of this state I restore back to 1.1.3 through iTunes and then I try again cause otherwise the OktoPrep thing doesn't go to well and the jailbreak tool tells me I have to install it. So thats my problem and I know im not alone. So please if someone could help me that would be great. Thank you very much.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You have to actually virginize the entire phone, not just use the Baseband Downgrader. Thats why AnySIM is saying that it was successful, but you cant make any calls.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What do you mean virgin the whole phone? How do I do that?