Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anysim broke my 1.1.2 iphone

Default Anysim broke my 1.1.2 iphone
    Hello,
    I have a big problem. I had a jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone and things were doing great, but I thought i could upgrade to the 1.1.3. jailbroken firmware. I read the how to's of doing this and managed to upgrade my phone to 1.1.2 but it was locked to any other sim card outside att. I was able to use the other iphone functions though just not the phone. I then went to the appsnapp and downloaded and install a third party software from anysim to unlock the phone specifically for 1.1.2 that was upgraded from 1.1.1. I saw the red dial pad lock on the screen and it started to download and install the unlock software. But I noticed that it froze. It stalled on the same spot for along time and the spinning thin wasn't spinning anymore. The progress meter was not moving either. It still read that it was installing the firmware. Well, I thought that if I did a hard reset then I could start all over. But what happened instead as that the unit would turned on and I show the apple logo. I then saw the spinning thing, but it just kept spinning and then it stopped spinning. It is just stuck there. I find that it reboots every 10 minutes with the apple logo followed by the spinning thing.

Anyways, I tried to restore it to 1.1.1 and also tried 1.1.2 and nothing seems to work. itunes says that there is an unknown error that occurred. Ii could still sync but the iphone screen still has that apple logo with the thinking icon. I must have tried to restore the phone 5 times and nothing is working. I need serious help. PLEASE!
    Quang

I did a hard restore too. Same thing as you it happend to me. I also did a reboot then it would just keep rebooting. What got me out of it... how i don't know... i restarted my computer and it got it back into DFU mode.

im 1.1.1... now back to 1.1.2 after updating to 1.1.3. NOW after the hastle im back to normal state of unlock on 1.1.2.

I highly suggest you follow this guide:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=358

Basically the same thing happened to me. I tried to upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 i ran anysim and it froze a minute or so into it... I let it sit then restored the phone to 1.1.1... jailbroke it then ran anysim again... it said it successfully unlocked the phone but then when I try to make a call it says call failed. Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks.
    Chris

Sorry double posted
    Last edited by chrisb; 02-01-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: double posted

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    Basically the same thing happened to me. I tried to upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 i ran anysim and it froze a minute or so into it... I let it sit then restored the phone to 1.1.1... jailbroke it then ran anysim again... it said it successfully unlocked the phone but then when I try to make a call it says call failed. Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks.
    Chris
    Hey I just came across this site and read your post, and the same thing happened to me today so I thought I would join and tell you how i fixed it. Apparently anySIM for the 1.1.2 firmwire has to be run from 1.1.1. It's a little confusing because you have to first RESTORE to 1.1.2 then do an UPDATE to 1.1.1 run anySIM then UPDATE back to 1.1.2 (through iTunes) for the unlock to work. If for some reason it doesn't work you can refer to the guide I used here: http://www.pantsland.com/2007/12/03/...s-with-unlock/

As for the first poster I would recommend going to that guide and starting from scratch.

P.S. the guide says to use AppTapp installer in order to fix a boot problem after downgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 but instead if your using windows when the you open the windows.bat (from the conceited software the guide has you download) and click "Boot from recovery" its much easier and quicker.

This happened to me also, if ANYBODY could help me please. I jailbroke 1.1.1 and updated to 1.1.2 successfully but I didn't have any service so I ran anysim 1.1.2 and it froze. I tried restarting the phone and so now the phone restarts and just get the apple logo with the spinning circle and keeps restarting. Basically the same thing as the original poster. quangtnguyen did you find out how to fix it? Or can anybody help that would be awesome.

Thanks

When on 1.1.2 put the phone in airplane mode and than run anysim

Ok, thank you so much! My Iphone is breathing again. I managed to get it working with all of your help.
    And also thanks to the iphone dev team's ibrickr software 0.91 I also managed to get it updated to 1.1.3 jailbroken. But the phone is still locked to at&t. How do I unlock a 1.1.3 jailbroken phone? Any thoughts?
    Quang

For me all I had to do was get 1.1.2 unlocked then used the "official 1.1.3 upgrader" found in installer and it remained unlocked.

I had the same problem! I had to repair my baseband to the 1.0.2 one, and the update to 1.1.1 and jailbreak plus unlock, the update again to 1.1.2, because you cannot run anysim from 1.1.2.

Procedure:

Repair Baseband in 1.0.2 (if you had unlocked 1.0.2 phone)
    UPDATE to 1.1.1, use over the air jailbreak and unlock, run OKtoPrep from the installer that AppTapp installed
    UPDATE to 1.1.2, use the java jailbreak tool that is linked to in the guides, then use AnySim to unlock 1.1.2 (IN AIRPLANE MODE!!!)

It is really really simple! Just follow the guides.

Damn double post.
    Last edited by rnksols; 02-03-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Ok, I spoke too soon.
    I have Itunes 7.6. I finally got my phone at 1.1.1 jailbreaked and unlocked. Yippee! I had to downgrade the baseband to 04.01.13_G from 04.02.13_G. And it worked after I restored it after the downgrade and then subsequent jailbreaking and unlocking with anysim. So I started installing lots of software, but once I connected it to itunes to sync my music and contacts, I lost the t-mobile logo on the top left of the phone and it doesn't make calls either. What gives? Why oh why does this happen? Does Itunes have something to do with this? I don't recall it being this hard the first time I did this.

I am about to throw in the towel and give in to AT&T and no third party apps. I have been trying to fix this for days. Too many for my tastes.
    Quang
    Last edited by quangtnguyen; 02-04-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Don't use itunes 7.6, use iTunes 7.4.3 which id available online as anything newer is a bit of a chance, however I have it working with iTunes 7.5

I would suggest not updating your iTunes until it has been fully tested after it's release, this is pretty standard.

Quote Originally Posted by rnksols View Post
    Don't use itunes 7.6, use iTunes 7.4.3 which id available online as anything newer is a bit of a chance, however I have it working with iTunes 7.5

I would suggest not updating your iTunes until it has been fully tested after it's release, this is pretty standard.
    Ok, that makes sense. So what now? I need to downgrade to Itunes 7.4.3? I can do that. So what about my iphone, should I use Onesim to undo the anysim changes which will relock it and then reunlock with anysim again. Or do i have to restore my iphone at 1.1.1 again, jailbreak, and then unlock again.
    Quang

I jailbroke 1.1.1 and updated to 1.1.2 successfully but I didn't have any service so I ran anysim 1.1.2 and it froze. I tried restarting the phone and so now the phone restarts and just get the apple logo with the spinning circle and keeps restarting.

No one has clearly answered this question. Can someone please post a clear procedure on how to get this going?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zorrinn View Post
    I jailbroke 1.1.1 and updated to 1.1.2 successfully but I didn't have any service so I ran anysim 1.1.2 and it froze. I tried restarting the phone and so now the phone restarts and just get the apple logo with the spinning circle and keeps restarting.

No one has clearly answered this question. Can someone please post a clear procedure on how to get this going?
    That happened to me as well. I later learned that I was supposed to put the phone in Airplane Mode before running AnySIM. I had to go through the whole jailbreak process all over again. But now I'm running a 1.1.3 jailbroken AND unlocked iPhone!

Hey SorryCharlie

How did you get past the fact that the iPhone did not respond to jailbreak.jar either?

Can you please post a step-by-step procedure on how you proceeded from the apple logo screen to jailbreak 1.1.3?

Thanks in advance.