+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Unlocked week 27 phone with 1.1.3 - NO SOUND!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I have upgraded my phone (I believe it was firmware 1.1.1 when it came out) to 1.1.3 after I have unlocked it and jailbroken it etc. I have had
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default My Unlocked week 27 phone with 1.1.3 - NO SOUND!
    Hi,
    I have upgraded my phone (I believe it was firmware 1.1.1 when it came out) to 1.1.3 after I have unlocked it and jailbroken it etc. I have had it working perfectly for the past 2 days, today my phone suddenly will not work. When I try to dial a number, or lets say when I click on the Phone button, the phone becomes so slow it is not even funny, I try to call a number, it takes a while to start calling and when it calls, I see the time moving but no one can hear me or I can't hear anyone. I go to the iPod in the iPhone, I try to play some stuff and I don't hear any sound.

What can I do?

And if your answer is to downgrade to 1.1.2, how do I do that so all my information will stay in there and I don't have to do everything all over again?

UPDATE: The whole phone now is slow when you do stuff, but it goes very very slow and laggy when you go to phone or ipod.

I have 45MB of empty space for my OS Partition so thats not the problem.

I don't know if this helps, but when I try to play something on iPod, I hit the play button and the phone would freeze for like 5 or 10 seconds then the play button comes again, it doesn't actually play the song.

I fixed the problem if anyone else had this........ I don't know what exact program did this, but one had my iPhone lose sound and video and everything. I uninstalled most of my programs right before I was about to restore the phone but it worked.
    Last edited by El-Basha; 02-01-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default After 1.1.3 Official Upgrade, NO SOUND
    How did you fix this? Did you downgrade? I too upgraded to 1.1.3 with the Official Upgrade thru Installer. Everything worked fine but after 2 days, I cannot get any sound for application. Phone, ipod, etc. just like you mentioned above. I tried the headset jack plug-in plug-out but nothing. Help!!

Thanks

Default Same Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by immortalbeloved View Post
    How did you fix this? Did you downgrade? I too upgraded to 1.1.3 with the Official Upgrade thru Installer. Everything worked fine but after 2 days, I cannot get any sound for application. Phone, ipod, etc. just like you mentioned above. I tried the headset jack plug-in plug-out but nothing. Help!!
    Exactly the same problem. No sound, iPod won't even play.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Open your Settings.app then go to Settings>Reset>Reset all settings. This will reset all of the phones settings but it only takes a few minutes to re-enter all of the settings. It should fix the sound issue. It fixed mine.

-staplerz
    Last edited by staplerz; 02-07-2008 at 06:04 PM.