Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Call failed problem next sim 4 otb 1.1.2 uk on vodafone

Default Call failed problem next sim 4 otb 1.1.2 uk on vodafone
    I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 otb uk iphone. I recently purchased a nextsim (v4) from ebay which didnt work. Finally i realised the seller had sent me a us version instead of a uk version. So the new one arrived this morning and put it into the phone.

Vodafone uk now comes up as carrier and i can sens sms but whenever someone tries to call me or i call them nothing happens (as though there is no signal) i get "call failed message". It also says "call forwarding active" but maybe this is normal ( in spite of owning an iphone for a month i still haent been able to make a call) Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

try this in your phone dial pad.

*004*XXX# and press call

NB replace XXX with vodafones voicemail number. mine is 901 with 02 so i would type;

*004*901#

this helped with my not able to call my mobile without the call failing and no one could leave voicemails.

just a longshot, but cant harm!

HTH

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

alick (02-01-2008)

thanks for your quick reply but im afraid it hasnt helped - although i think it may be something to do with this. Can anyone clarify wether your phone should pop up with call forwarding active?

Im going to restoring and jailbreaking. Hopefully this may help!

unfortunately no joy. Any more ideas?
    Last edited by alick; 02-02-2008 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by alick View Post
    thanks for your quick reply but im afraid it hasnt helped - although i think it may be something to do with this. Can anyone clarify wether your phone should pop up with call forwarding active?

Im going to restoring and jailbreaking. Hopefully this may help!

unfortunately no joy. Any more ideas?
    HI, Yes when making an outgoing call (or trying to...) the phone does come up with a message box with call forwarding active in it, it goes away after a few seconds..

There are 2 ways of getting rid of it:

1: Stop calls being forwarded to 121 , or apply a patch to the phone.

If the phone is not making calls, it is NOT anything to do with cal forwarding

ok i called up o2 and apparently the iphone is reported as lost or stolen and therefore the imei is barred. Is there anyway of getting round this. surely when a software unlock comes out for 1.1.2 otb it will help because i wont have to "go through o2" as it were "when using nextsim" i ill be directly connected to vodafone. I cant get my money back as the seller is not responding.

also if i sold this to an american user would the imei be blcked. Sorry im not really sure how it works.