Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.0.2

Default iPhone 1.0.2
    Hey All..

I have a question. I have a US iPhone running 1.0.2. I ave been using it with Vodafone for 5 months now and it works fine. When I activated and unlocked it I did it using a step-by-step guide on this website which was awesome.
    Anyway, once I unlocked it I deleted the downloaded software from the phone...dumb move...I know. I would like to restore my iPhone to factory settings and activate and unlock 1.0.2 again leaving the software on there. Do you know if the page I used is still active? I checked the 'guides' section but couldn't find it.
    The reason for doing it is that I have recently bought the iPhone here in the UK with the o2 carrier and I want to give my old iPhone (1.0.2) to a buddy who uses Orange as his carrier. But his sim won't work...it only accepts Vodafone as I deleted the software. I'd appreciate any help.
    One more thing...when I restore it to factory settings will it:
    a)Upgrade to 1.1.3 making it impossible to lock?
    b)Brik my phone?
    Thanks all...look forward to hearing from you.

~RICKY

I'm in the US but if the phone is unlocked it will work with any gsm sim. If you want to restore it just download the 1.0.2 firmware in itunes hold shift press restore select the 1.0.2 firmware and restore the phone to 1.0.2 If you want to upgrade to 1.1.1 or higher you need to re-virginize the phone "undo the unlock" or you will brick the phone. There are a bunch of re-viriginze packs on here"