Hi guys,
I've had a look through the forums but can't find any info for my query. I'm about to buy a 1.1.3 OTB iPhone and activate it through iTunes - using the method mentioned on the forum to get it activated w/o contract.
Has anyone used this method to activate their iphone then unlock it with a SIM proxy? If so, does it work? I've heard SIM proxies don't work on 113 but is that just for jailbroken phones? If you have an officially activated (not jailbroken) iphone can you upgrade the firmware (say to 1.1.4 when it comes out) without having to wait for a jailbreak method - and will the unlock still work? Would I still need to get it jailbroken in order to use a GSM carrier in another country (I'm in Australia)? And finally would I need to still jailbreak in order to Australianise the number format or is there an official iphone app for that? My theory is that an officially activated iphone would remain unlocked with a SIM proxy even if you upgrade the firmware through itunes without waiting for a jailbreak. Any info or advice would be appreciated.