+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A few odd things when repeating a restore and jail break process 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have been trying to get the 1.1.3 soft upgrade on my iphone and have been having major problems with freezing and other things.... anyways but going through this I
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Exclamation A few odd things when repeating a restore and jail break process 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2
    I have been trying to get the 1.1.3 soft upgrade on my iphone and have been having major problems with freezing and other things.... anyways but going through this I have had to go the the process of restoring my iPhone with the 1.1.1 firmware and moving up...

following the guides on this site... some things are not the same as they were the first time I did the initial jailbreak and unlock... here's what I mean:

- When i have to perform the initial jailbreak of the 1.1.1 firmware. The guide states to do the *#307# trick... on my phone this works, but I no longer have to erase the typed in characters and type 0 and hit dial again (I can't erase them anyways - the phone won't let me - there is no "X" to do so) All I do is dial *#307# answer it then hit decline and it goes to the contact list immediately... strange.

- After going to 1.1.2 after I jailbreak it - it is already unlocked to my T-mobile sim (it was not in 1.1.1). I never had to run anySIM 1.2.1u - Is this because it patches the firmware?

TO completely clean my phone should I do a restore to the 1.1.2 firmware them restore the 1.1.1 firmware so the baseband is clean (I'm not sure if that even makes sense). Just some weird observations I wanted to share.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

the reason it wasn't working on 1.1.1 when u downgrade is because u still have the 1.1.2 4.02.13g baseband so thats why it didnt work under 1.1.1

not sure how to completly get rid of the anysim patch tho, but maybe a full restore to 1.1.2, then downgrade to 1.1.1, then oktoprep back to 1.1.2 should leave u with a clean baseband? maybe? lol