Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ****sim works with 1.1.3 baseband ???

Default ****sim works with 1.1.3 baseband ???
    i just wanna know if anyone has tested any **sim with 1.1.3 baseband aka

04.03.13_G

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a HyperCard Sim and I updated to 1.1.3 with the new baseband .... sorry, doesn't work Funny thing is though, it's not giving an error about an invalid SIM, it's just saying "No Service".

When downgrading the firmware to any previous version it does pop up the error "Invalid SIM" though.

I guess I'm just stuck for a while now. Even the hardware unlock via test-point for the 1.1.2 OTB will not work with the full update to 1.1.3 so I would highly recommend DO NOT upgrade just yet!

Quote Originally Posted by navalynt View Post
    I have a HyperCard Sim and I updated to 1.1.3 with the new baseband .... sorry, doesn't work Funny thing is though, it's not giving an error about an invalid SIM, it's just saying "No Service".
    Was your 1.1.3 activated and jailbroken? Or were you at the activation screen?

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, when I first upgraded to 1.1.3 I was stuck at the activation screen. If you upgrade through iTunes it upgrades the baseband and thus no jailbreak. After that I did restore to 1.1.1, upgrade to 1.1.2 w/ jailbreak then ran Nate True's jailbreak/upgrade to 1.1.3 so I have both the upgraded baseband AND it's jailbroken.

Both ways, using the stock 1.1.3 and the jailbroken 1.1.3, the HyperCard SIM did not work. It still registered no signal.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

navalynt, you do realize with a 3.9BL, that if you fully upgrade to 1.1.3 then downgrade to like 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, you HAVE to downgrade the baseband inorder to get your phone functions working again right?

if all u did was downgrade and kept the same baseband then yes, ur phone wont make calls and such. but, if you do what i mentioned. you would be okay as grass.

but yah i keep hearing the same thing, *sim no longer works with 1.1.3 baseband
    Last edited by smirkis; 01-29-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

dlb post again.
    Last edited by smirkis; 01-29-2008 at 10:55 AM.

how do u downgrade the baseband ?? only way i know how is by the hardware way wich requires opening the iphone !!

theres another way ??

Banned
    Thanks

what if u are running the 1.1.2 baseband with the 1.1.3 firmware. would that work?

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    what if u are running the 1.1.2 baseband with the 1.1.3 firmware. would that work?
    Yes that works, thats why the 113 JB is working with unlocked phones. Note that it is softupdate to 113

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    Yes that works, thats why the 113 JB is working with unlocked phones. Note that it is softupdate to 113