Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rebel Simcard...?

my sim tray is fine, i'm actually one of the few guys people bring the phone to locally to get it fixed :P

and I'm actually the kind of guy that would fix his gas pipe too LOL, put up a fence last week and took apart the dryer to change the belt the week before

I agree about the Sims being useful, with the dev team 'going about life' atm it's all we got

any forther news about these type of solution ? as Dev team is unable to unlock 3G, We need to go to other solutions. Anyone have sugestion for what is the best Sim card solution that will work for everything (i want data otherwise it is useless)

Thanks

Thumbs up It does what it says on the tin!
    Hi all, I was sceptical when I first saw these and went through a lot of comms with the guys on how they would work etc. After I bought it I had issues with some of the releases and the conenctivity but the support guys worked with me and I am now running v44 of the firmware Rebel Sim Card on vfone sim and all is working really well. I get either 3G or GPRS dependant on where I am in the country but data is not an issue. I get Push email & Calendar, Internet, RSS feeds, Weather, Stocks, GPS, You Tube etc and ITunes all fine.

Also even though the PC end of ITunes 8.01 reports it as being an incorrect Sim it still syncs and allows me to download my podcats etc.

So if you are hesitant give the guys a call via their on line support (now 24 x 6) and they will look to help, even to the extent of creating a specific unique sim for you based on data which they direct you to collect on your phone sim.

I have no affilliation with this product or the company - they have given good support on a good product which does what it says on the tin and works.

Regs

M

Big News !!

Big News!

I ordered REBEL SIMCARD from Ipsf מציגה:טורבו סים 2.2 תומך בכל הגרסאות כולל מודם משודרג 02.28.00 - IPSF - פורום אייפון ומק בישראל. in Isreal and working on my iphone 3G 2.2 new firmware. 3G activated and Airplane mode used when sync with iTunes and no problems

My recommend is REBEL SIMCARD for iphone 3G 2.2 in Isreal. the BETA version v53i is working like a charm .

can work on baseband 2.28 from apple? i am in deep trouble. updated my iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Tangui View Post
    can work on baseband 2.28 from apple? i am in deep trouble. updated my iphone
    Yes, REBEL sim card working on iPhone 3G with updated Apple 2.28 baseband. me had same problem before .. I updated my iphone with 2.2 and in deep trouble before. with REBEL sim card can use my iphone 3G again on v2.28. the hebrew website don`t have english. the english website is here x-simcard

Thanks

I live in Germany, use a 2.2 (V2.28) updated locked UK iPhone with the Rebel simcard. The card works perfectly fine without any problems. I only had to reset the sim card's network keys once using my old phone as shown in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw67BCAsQz0
    But since then (December 27) it's been working like a charm.

I purchased the 2.2SE package with the compact programmer so I can update the Firmware (currently v54i Beta)in the future.

I am currently stuck with Vodafone Germany and no data plan but in July I'll switch. I dunno if 3G works, but when I activate it, I lose signal for about 15 seconds, then get the Vodafone symbol, followed shortly by the 3G symbol. Dunno if that means I get data but it seems to work.

The issue with the tray is something that surprises me. I can recommend the no Cut version of the simcard as it works like a charm with my Simcard and tray. Put a piece of tape as shown on the homepage:
    http://rebelsimcard.com/virtu/images...sim-insert.jpg
    and you shouldn't have any problems. I only have to tilt my tray up a bit when inserting the last few millimeters.

Thanks

Update; Iv case any one cares, the latest rebel 58i update improves services greatly. The new software now reads your simcard's network codes and then programs the rebel sim accordingly. This has improved my network after Flight mode, reboot or loosing signal in the underground.

PS: Still using the 2.2 Firware with 2.28 Baseband.
    Last edited by Shashlike; 02-14-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have got my sim card because yellow snow is not working with the new baseband. Its working nice, have wifi, 3G, youtube etc
    Didnt have any problems with lose of the signal. I bought it here

whats the POINT of the Rebel sim card anyway?

Thanks

@staasee

The rebel simcard is a (in my opinion) convenient way of using any sim card without having to modify too much. Crashes close to never and so far I've tried Vodafone, T-Mobile and Simyo (I live in Germany btw) and even airplane mode, reboot etc work fine.

I fall under the catagory of idiots who accidentally updated my 3G iPhone from 2.2 to 2.2.1 and the baseband went from 2.28.00 to 2.30.03. Yeah, i know...stupid move. But I started searching for alternate ways to unlock the iphone and i stumbled upon the rebel sim card. I ordered it and within the week i should be able to give you guys a straight answer. Im on the Tmobile USA network... and as far as the sim jamming, instructions clearly say to put a piece of tape on the sim tray so that it wont get stuck...Sometimes the eager end up losing.

Rebel simcard v64i Free Download is available at x-simcard Very much improvement on Data Connection

Before shelling out on any SIM hardware unlock, first check to see if you have a 3G with 5.08 bootloader.
    If you do there is a programme via Cydia called DownBB which will downgrade your baseband from the 2.30.00 to 2.28.00 from which you can you use Yellowsn0w to unlock your iphone.
    It will only work with bootloader 5.08 though, not 5.09 or above!

To check your bootloader see http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=3570

If 5.08 then follow the following instructions:

1..Download and install from Cydia/iClarified source: DownBB
    2.Open MobileTerminal in your iPhone
    3.Enter: su
    4.Password:alpine
    5.Enter DownBB
    6.Wait and confirm “yes”

After the programme runs your iPhone will restart and you will then be able to use Yellowsn0w to unlock.

See http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2538 to do this
    Last edited by snowleopard555; 04-19-2009 at 10:22 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to snowleopard555 For This Useful Post:

Meche (04-19-2009)

yeah unfortunately i was blessed with a 5.09 boot loader. got scammed by some iphone unlocker site for something that was "guaranteed" to work for "ALL" iphones. But whatever, hopefully the dev team can hurry the new release of yellowsn0w up a bit. Im sure many of us are at the end of our ropes here.

I like having the RebelSIM over yellowsn0w just so I have the security of the future. On the blog, they said they couldn't even get the 02.28.00 baseband to talk to the 3.0 firmware, so I think if we want to update, we'll have to stick with unlock SIMs.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    I like having the RebelSIM over yellowsn0w just so I have the security of the future. On the blog, they said they couldn't even get the 02.28.00 baseband to talk to the 3.0 firmware, so I think if we want to update, we'll have to stick with unlock SIMs.
    I agree with you but also hoping that other Non-Dev team programmers can come up with something better than proxy-sim solution. it may come from unknown source the race is on. for now we are stuck with gevey/REBEL solution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12