+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: guys pls help.. im struck

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi im nu to this forum.. i got a iphone (not 3G) yesterday as a gift.. was nice to use n unlocked.. so jus put my sim n used it..
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default guys pls help.. im struck
    hi

im nu to this forum.. i got a iphone (not 3G) yesterday as a gift.. was nice to use n unlocked.. so jus put my sim n used it.. then i saw firmware upgrade option (to 2.0) in itunes.. as i had done firmware upgrades with my ipod i thought this was also similar n upgraded it.. now it comes as the SIM s not that of the provider n to insert the provider sim.. how to unlock it again?? i use windows vista n im frm India.. also how do i know whether my firmware is 1.1.4 or 2.0 now??

Any help would be appreciated.. im a newbie here..

Thanks..

Thanks

When you upgraded to firmware 2.0, it relocked your iphone. If you have access to a MAC you can download the pwnage tool 2.0 and jailbreak,unlock and activate it so your sim will work again.

Otherwise, just do a search on the forum to downgrade 2.0 to 1.1.4 and then use a tool such as iliberty+ to jailbreak it.

Good Luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

meningioma (07-19-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot.. in guess i ll downgrade then.. from wat i read in the forum ppl dont recommend it.. atleast not rite now..