Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone simfree problems

Default iphone simfree problems
    I am running an iphone with 1.1.1 on it and purchased an unlock solution through iphoneanywhere.ca to buy the iphonesimfree.app.

I hope Im not the only one with this problem but havent seen an other complaints in any forums.

The app isnt working for me and Im not getting any help from either iphonesimfree.com or iphoneanywhere.ca

I have followed all the forums and ran it with a full battery with the lock set to never and with the sim in and out. It tells me baseband communication error and when I reinstall everything Im just back to where i started from

Any and all help will be hugely appreciated

bump i need help also

its good to hear Im not the only lol. I asked iphoneanywhere.ca for a refund and they have finally responded saying that they will refund the money i paid. Now I just have to find another way to unlock my iphone

I actually had success unlocking the phone with simfree, but I'm still not getting service with my AT&T sim card. 1.0.2 iphone, upgraded to 1.1.1. Installed apptapp, installed simfree v1.8. Ran the program successfully, just can't get any service. Phone still reads "invalid sim, please activate with ITunes" when my AT&T sim is in.

Bumping this to the top for an answer to my problem

maybe you have to downgrade the baseband
    use idemocracy 2

iphone sim free works only with 4.01.13_G

i think you'll need to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2, then downgrade the baseband with Idemocracy 2 make sure you have SSH installed properly in the iphone and give the right IP address then update to 1.1.1 run ipsf and you're ready to go.

i hope it helps

http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/
    Last edited by theo5620; 02-04-2008 at 03:31 AM.

can you please give me your firmware version and software version? also what OTB are you?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbarclay View Post
    I am running an iphone with 1.1.1 on it and purchased an unlock solution through iphoneanywhere.ca to buy the iphonesimfree.app.

I hope Im not the only one with this problem but havent seen an other complaints in any forums.

The app isnt working for me and Im not getting any help from either iphonesimfree.com or iphoneanywhere.ca

I have followed all the forums and ran it with a full battery with the lock set to never and with the sim in and out. It tells me baseband communication error and when I reinstall everything Im just back to where i started from

Any and all help will be hugely appreciated

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

y dont you just use any sim its free easier and correct me if im wrong more used
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs