+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone is locked after update

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys i need some help on this one. Well this iphone belongs to my uncle and he gave it to me to download music and put on cool things
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone is locked after update
    Hey guys i need some help on this one. Well this iphone belongs to my uncle and he gave it to me to download music and put on cool things on it and what not for him and last night i updated his iphone on itunes for him, but when it was done i came back up stairs and noticed that it was locked. But before the update the iphone was already unlocked, he was using a tmobile sim card. Now it shows the itunes icon and the usb cord pointing to each other but when i stick it into my comp and restore it shows the same thing except it has a thing to slide for emergencies and it says insert sim. So now i downloaded ziphone to use but it doesnt unlock it. The ziphone app detects the phone starts, finds the iphone, and then when it trys to go into the recover in reboot mode it just keeps loading and nothing ever happens. So if anyone can help me or give me tips on what to do please post cause my uncle needs his phone back ASAP or he'll get really pissed at me. Thanks all for their suggestions and tips.

-Brandon

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You have to tell us what version firmware WAS on the phone and was version you updated it too. Also, how was it unlocked before.

ANYTIME you upgrade/restore it will ERASE any jailbreak or unlock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

queeny5744 (08-11-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also had the same thing happent to me and previously to all this happening I was using version 1.14. Please Help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

to tell u the truth i am not sure. my cousin unlocked it for him with ziphone. but i think the update was 3. something and i was using itunes 7.7

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freeridin_forever View Post
    I also had the same thing happent to me and previously to all this happening I was using version 1.14. Please Help.
    this happened to me too. everytime i try to restore the 1.1.4 itunes give me an error 20. man besides my truck and my bike, my iphone is a major vein in my body. im at the point where i will pay someone to help me take off that 2.0 and replace it with the 1.1.4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah same i downloaded 1.1.4 recover and it also gives me an error 20 message on itunes when its half way thro

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey guys, go to www.brooksgarrett.com, it will help solve all your problems about downgrading back to 1.1.4 from 2.0, i did the same thing, updated to 2.0 and got jammed because my iphone was unlocked to use with tmobile, just follow this guys instructions, they are super easy and for people who don't need to know much about computers. good luck.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to irishguy1 For This Useful Post:

scincade (07-15-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

you have to DFU "shift" restore to 1.1.4 with itunes 7.5 (you'll get error 1015 which is ok) then kick out of recovery mode with iliberty, then erase baseband with KiPhone ( modded version of ziphone, google it) and then just use winpwn/pwnage to activate/jailbreak/unlock....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gavko For This Useful Post:

snowboardaddicts (07-16-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy1 View Post
    hey guys, go to BrooksGarrett.com, it will help solve all your problems about downgrading back to 1.1.4 from 2.0, i did the same thing, updated to 2.0 and got jammed because my iphone was unlocked to use with tmobile, just follow this guys instructions, they are super easy and for people who don't need to know much about computers. good luck.
    omg thank u so much. im about to try it and ill let u know how it worked

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy1 View Post
    hey guys, go to BrooksGarrett.com, it will help solve all your problems about downgrading back to 1.1.4 from 2.0, i did the same thing, updated to 2.0 and got jammed because my iphone was unlocked to use with tmobile, just follow this guys instructions, they are super easy and for people who don't need to know much about computers. good luck.
    omg thank u so much. im about to try it and ill let u know how it worked
    Last edited by scincade; 07-15-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks dudes you guys are freakin awesome. ill try em tonight and tell u how they go

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

it will work no worries. i went throught that. follow the guide on website what irishguy gave you and you'll be good. its the same method i described just little more "user friendly"
    if we helped hit the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys thanks for the tips but it all worked up to step 6. if u guys had aim or msn i could sure use the help right about now. it wouldnt let me download kiphone or kick it out of recovery so from the itunes and use symbol i just turned on ziphone but nothin happens on the screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a problem with mine, 1.1.2, it freaks out with weird things like can't dial some numbers from contacts. When I click on it the program quit and goes back to the main page. Other things always on contact, some can't be modify, happen as above. Some contacts are also lost forever.
    Should I upgrade it? Don't know how has been jalbreaked, I am using t-mobile on it.
    Please need suggestions
    thank you guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you def need kiphone to work, when i first downloaded it, i clicked start in the program and it just quit on me, so i just reinstalled it again and it worked, these programs are tricky but they usually work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it wont let me extract the files tho so i guess ill do it on my sisters computer and then put it on a usb and bring it over. Ok but anyways im not sure if my iphone downgraded to 1.1.4 because when i ran the restore on itunes i restored to or 3 times because after firmwire 1.1.4 was finished downloading on itunes it wouldnt download and the error -50 popped up i think. so i dunno what to do right now

also i dont think iliberty was able to kick the iphone out of recovery mode
    Last edited by snowboardaddicts; 07-16-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where do you go after going to this website cause I can't find what I'm looking for. I'm having the same problem as everyone is and can't find the answer. Thanks