Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone jailbreak, unlock etc. crash

Default ZiPhone jailbreak, unlock etc. crash
    Stupid me upgraded to 2.0 on Friday expecting the hack to be released. So now I managed to downgrade to 1.4 but my SIM was not recognized. I've used Winpwn, Ziphone, iLiberty, and iPlus.

iPlus seemed but still no calling capabilities. No carrier name listed. WiFi works fine though.

So I used Ziphone again and it made it almost all the way thru before hanging. I stopped the process and when trying to restart my phone fought back!

Now I've got a phone in a programming type of state (like Ziphone with all the white words scrolling only the words don't scroll).

Help pls!

Cheers,
    Lazy

got it sorted out!
    Last edited by lazybirdboy; 07-14-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Question How?
    Please tell me how you got your phone back to the 1.1.4 firmware. unfortunately i did the same thing you did and upgrade to 2.0 today. Please help me . after u post it can u please email directions also cuz my wife uses computer alot for school.

I used this walkthru

iPhone News & Review 2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade

Winpwn worked best for me in step 4. I found it's all about patience. I downgraded about 12 times before things seemed to finally click. Except of course I can't unlock the sim card. I think it's my pc as I had iTunes 7.7 on here and it may have left residual files that are affecting the overall downgrade.

Good luck!

ps- I see you're using Vista. Get away from that and use anything BUT.
    Last edited by lazybirdboy; 07-15-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: additional comment

Not true, about Vista. I am using it and last night i did downgraded to 1.1.4 on Vista comp.