+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some help on activating my phone the "real" way...

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So my phone's touch screen is messed up, and I need to get a replacement from Apple. I know my warranty is fine and there is no water damage or
    iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need some help on activating my phone the "real" way...
    So my phone's touch screen is messed up, and I need to get a replacement from Apple.

I know my warranty is fine and there is no water damage or drop damage or anything, so I know I can get a new one, but the problem is that I never actually activated it using iTunes the "real" way.

I've talked to Apple already, they can get me a new phone next week, but when I go to check on my warranty status on the Apple site, it tells me that my phone has not yet been activated... because I just used T-Mobile from day one

So my question is if anyone knows a surefire way to get my phone "officially" activated, serial number in the system, so I can get a replacement phone?

I was thinking that I could just get someone's AT&T sim card and put it in my phone and set it up as a new phone but not a new AT&T account, therefore activating my phone for use with that sim card, and then I can just take it out, take it to the store, tell them my SIM is in another phone to use for the time being, and get a new 1st gen. iPhone?

I just need some feedback and/or ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Oh, and I'm not a Noob here, please refrain from stupid comments, I'm just looking for some ideas from fellow users who've replaced their phone with Apple Warranty
    i LOVE apple.

Thanks

Your warranty is for 12 months regardless of activation according to the Apple warranty website.

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/...faq/#warranty1

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm. I read through all those numbered answers, and through most of the Apple Limited Warranty and I don't see anywhere where it mentions that the warranty is for one year "despite any activation".

Though I'm not saying its not true or anything, but since I no longer have the original receipt from when I bought it from the AT&T store, the Apple Store said the only way they will tell if the warranty is good is by entering the serial on the site.

Plus if I say "well I never activated it" they will say well how did you get to the home screen/apps to know that the bottom row of the keyboard is broken because of the touch screen?

hmmm...... Maybe I can just not activate it and just virginize/restore/relock/etc and then just ONLY activate with Ziphone or some similar method, and just tell them that I don't know why it says I'm not activated? Tell them my (non-existent) AT&T sim is in another phone, not on me at the time, and show them the home screen/broken keyboard/touch screen issues, and act like I have no idea why its not registered in the system?

I need a good plan lol.

Any ideas...Anyone?!
    i LOVE apple.