Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Headache

Exclamation Iphone Headache
    A friend of mine recently purchased a new 2.5g Iphone from O2 and they allowed her to take it home to 'activate' it. She paid money to have it unlocked etc and it all worked..she then upgraded to 1.1.4 and bam..locked. Luckily for me she got pissed off, sold it to me (couldn;t get on with it apparently)!

I downloaded ziphone GUI 3.0 and unlock/jailbreak/activated it, but it seems that it only unlcoked it as i saw no evidence of an installer.app and it wouldn't recognise it in itunes. I have put the phone into DFU restored to 1.1.4 but when is says will reset and reload into itunes the phone turns on and only comes up as iphone camera on my pc..not in itunes!

I have restored 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4 all to no avail. I tried iliberty but it couldn't 'see' my iphone and wouldn't really do anything in recovery mode.

All i want is to run my orange network sim and have ipod capabilities/ ringtones etc!

P.s. When i have unlocked using ziphone all of the phones functions seem to work, but itunes is blind!!!

Please help, many thanks,

True Ogre

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by true_ogre View Post
    A friend of mine recently purchased a new 2.5g Iphone from O2 and they allowed her to take it home to 'activate' it. She paid money to have it unlocked etc and it all worked..she then upgraded to 1.1.4 and bam..locked. Luckily for me she got pissed off, sold it to me (couldn;t get on with it apparently)!

I downloaded ziphone GUI 3.0 and unlock/jailbreak/activated it, but it seems that it only unlcoked it as i saw no evidence of an installer.app and it wouldn't recognise it in itunes. I have put the phone into DFU restored to 1.1.4 but when is says will reset and reload into itunes the phone turns on and only comes up as iphone camera on my pc..not in itunes!

I have restored 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4 all to no avail. I tried iliberty but it couldn't 'see' my iphone and wouldn't really do anything in recovery mode.

All i want is to run my orange network sim and have ipod capabilities/ ringtones etc!

P.s. When i have unlocked using ziphone all of the phones functions seem to work, but itunes is blind!!!

True Ogre
    open your pc, open itunes (obviously over 7.3), plug phone to pc via usb, hold both the top and the power button until iTunes recognizes it... What you choose to do after is your choice, but if it was me I would try to restore it back to it's original software version. I hope it helps, I Know you'll defenately connect to itunes though...

Quote Originally Posted by true_ogre View Post

True Ogre
    open your pc, open itunes (obviously over 7.3), plug phone to pc via usb, hold both the top and the power button until iTunes recognizes it... What you choose to do after is your choice, but if it was me I would try to restore it back to it's original software version. I hope it helps, I Know you'll defenately connect to itunes though...
    Last edited by Philph; 07-10-2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

After I 'succesfully' restore the firmware iTunes still won't recognize the phone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Make itunes see your phone
    what version of itunes do you have and what is/was the original software version after all?
    Last edited by Philph; 07-14-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: typo