+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Finding the "True" Unlock method: Please contribute!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
People this thread is for members to contribute to the decyphering of the NCK and NOT discussing Unlocking alternatives. If you are an AT&T customer, or have paid Apple or
    Thanks

Post Finding the "True" Unlock method: Please contribute!
    People this thread is for members to contribute to the decyphering of the NCK and NOT discussing Unlocking alternatives. If you are an AT&T customer, or have paid Apple or your carrier to unlock your phone via iTunes. Then please contribute your a.plist to this thread so that we can forward it to GeoHot!

Read the fine print below before replying to this thread. Any unwanted request or post will be deleted, this is to prevent un-necessary populating of this thread.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

NCK Pattern: 6 So Far: No German pattern

So far I have (see title) NCK <=> IMEI combinations. I can't post them, since they are sensitive data of the people who were kind enough to extract their a.plist for me. I have learned that the German ones use "SP" instead of "NO". Also the two German NCK's I have both start with the number 3. Coincidence? Keep these a.plists flowing, could people please posts requests on their respective language iPhone forums? Also the algorithm used to verify the NCK on the phone is known and is not even close to reversible. Brute force is capable at 100,000 k/s, so the initial idea of finding a pattern in the NCK's is to lower the time required for that brute force.

Also my theoretical NCK generation system; this has no basis in anything anyone has discovered but... IMEI^d mod n, where d and n are relatively prime and n is similar in size to the IMEI. If Apple keeps d and n secret, they could generate NCK's given an IMEI when no one else could.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

NCK Length=15

So thanks to the magic of an activation emulator and the original work of Dvd Jon, I got the activation/unlock record of a French unlocked iPhone. The field looks like

"UnlockCode" = "NO=111111111111111&";

with the 1's replaced by the code. "NO" is the lock type. There are fifteen digits, so I'm pretty sure the NCK length is 15. This is out of range of a bruteforcer, and I doubt, although its possible, that the NCK's are based off the IMEI/DevID. I would think Apple just has a big lookup table. Although any visible pattern would shorten the brute force time. So I still really need a.plists off legal unlocked phones.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Unlock ETA and NCK Length

Well I'm back to my original statement that we have to wait for a baseband update to finally unlock the new bootloader. The two exploits I posted have implementation problems. Once we get the new version, iEraser and iUnlocker will work as before. Still only hardware though. I spent the last week and a half of cold Swedish nights looking for more practical exploits, and found none. Perhaps someone cleverer than I will find one?
    Also, anyone out there with a legally unlocked phone, either French or German? Could you do me a favor and download this and follow the enclosed instructions. Its a good way to get your name on the blog

Geohot
    Last edited by ReVan; 12-19-2007 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Members stop being kiddish!

Green Apple
    Thanks

The only problem with that is that people who have a legit unlocked phone probably wouldn't be looking in these forums. So if anybody knows anyone who has a legit unlocked phone, send them this way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falconeyez View Post
    The only problem with that is that people who have a legit unlocked phone probably wouldn't be looking in these forums. So if anybody knows anyone who has a legit unlocked phone, send them this way.
    That's gonna be a hard option, unless there is a Mass Email or PM sent to all members on this board.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

So this may trick itunes into thinking it's a german officially unlocked iphone right?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have two new iphone (with the new bootloader) activated w/ att through itunes. I don't mind helping, but what exactly do you need me to do? How do I a.plist or whatever.
    Last edited by murtnabila; 12-19-2007 at 11:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i have the almost the same problem just bought my iphone from the apple store not even activated it, cuz scared a lil bit, it also says that i shoul activate it th with AT&T but i'm using T-mobile , I'm sad =( Is anyone has any idea how to set this iphone with T-mobile ?

i need some instruction , can anyone help me ?='(
    Last edited by fars; 12-20-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I actually have a friend overseas in the UK who just purchased an unlocked iPhone... I'll try to contact him and get him to this thread. He hasn't been online much due to school, but I'll shoot him an e-mail and see what's up.

I'm excited about cracking through the unlock, that'll save a lot of people frustration and money.
    You can find Sciphone in the Links section...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thnk turbo for trying to help me, btw I have 1.1.2 firmware on it. I have read many forums and still looking for a solution no ones know how to unlock the sim on this firmware =( btw I heard that "SIM Freer" can solve a problem with a sim card but I'm not realy trust it, what do u think about it guys ? also i found "Unlock your iphone With HyperCard 1.1.2"
    Price: $160.00 http://www.youtube.com/v/sFHlqJxBkAY c how it works

Sim Freer I spoke with advisor :

Jenny hello
    Jenny only used on iphone now
    You hey dude do u still have some sim freer ?
    Jenny yes, we have
    You well can i buy it fro u guys?
    You I have bought an iphone fro the apple store it doesn't work with my t-mobile sim
    You so i mean will it works with t-mobile sim if i ll using urs sim freer ?
    Jenny yes, it works
    You what about shipping?
    Jenny $20 via fedex
    You i live in brooklyn New york , how long time usually does it takes?
    Jenny need 2-3 days exclude weekeds
    Last edited by fars; 12-21-2007 at 10:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

im not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but i have a new otb 1.1.2 phone that im about to jail break but im wondering if this sim unlock is for real http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/ <<at this link can somebody confirm for me please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blazingangel1986 View Post
    im not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but i have a new otb 1.1.2 phone that im about to jail break but im wondering if this sim unlock is for real http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/ <<at this link can somebody confirm for me please
    If your phone is OTB 1.1.2 that solution will not work. It also says it at the bottom in bold print. That method will only work if you UPDATED to 1.1.2. AS of right now there is no way to unlock your 1.1.2 OTB iPhone excpet with TurboSIM.

Thanks

yeah i kinda realised that after the fact that i took the time to read it my bad sigh the quest goes on as it is

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help! Please!!!!
    Im from australia, and i got an iphone for christmas, when it was sent over it was all unlocked and worked fine, so we threw away the american at&t sim card that didnt work. Then christmas morning, again it worked fine, i plugged it into the computer and itunes told me to update itunes for the iphone to work, now my iphone is telling me i need the original at&t sim card to activate the phone, if i get the sim card will my phone still be unlocked, and if no how will i unlock it again? and does the installer need phone reception to download things?
    Last edited by adamrulz3_97; 12-28-2007 at 04:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try the stealthsim. it unlocks version 1.1.2. got it on mine from www.iphonelocks.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi does anyone knows about this...

Green Apple
    Thanks

has any progress been made with this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    not that nice...there are better guides
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Thanks

yeah there are most of them on this forum if u look proper

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thread Going Off Topic........please Prune!!
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG ppl u really cant read or ur that stupid.u have tons of forums about unlocking/jailbreaking etc etc and u post your questions just to THE ONE whats nothing even close to your problems lol