+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why can't I Jailbreak my Unlock Iphone?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Fellas, I just recently joined this forum Im a noob! I bought my Iphone couple of weeks ago and it was already unlocked and Im using a Tmobile SIM card
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Why can't I Jailbreak my Unlock Iphone?
    Fellas,

I just recently joined this forum Im a noob! I bought my Iphone couple of weeks ago and it was already unlocked and Im using a Tmobile SIM card right now. The firmware version is old (1.0.2 don't make fun pls. ) but I did noticed that there is no Installer application on the menu screen.

Now, I really wanted to upgrade to 1.1.1 but I'm too afraid to mess it up. From what I have understand, I have to install "Apptapp" application and "Virginize" the phone. Then do the upgrade (1.1.1) and unlock the phone. (Sounds very simple but could be very complicating once it's been done).

I tried installing the Apptapp application but my phone keeps saying "Safari could recodnize site" or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

Can someone please be kind enough to give me step by step on how to do this? I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

First off, if your trying to install appsnapp from your phone and your on 1.0.2 it will not work. That way only works if your on 1.1.1. What you have to do is install it from your computer or mac. Heres a link for app tapp. http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

Go to that site and download version 3.1 if your on mac (Requires itunes 7.4 or later and make sure to extract the file). If your on windows download version 0.92(Works with all versions of itunes). **Before you open the file and run it make sure itunes and itunes helper are closed.** After that click on the app tapp file and then click continue and then select firmware 1.0.2 and click install. After that you should have installer on your phone.
    Also, if your using windows you can use ibrickr to jailbreak your phone too. Heres a link to that site. http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr . Just download the file. After that open the file and plug your phone into computer and follow the menu in ibrickr to help you jailbreak your phone.

Jordan

1.1.2 Jailbroken
    Last edited by jrdan24; 12-18-2007 at 09:10 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jrdan24 For This Useful Post:

swoosh0217 (12-18-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrdan24 View Post
    If your on windows download version 0.92(Works with all versions of itunes). **Before you open the file and run it make sure itunes and itunes helper are closed.** After that click on the app tapp file and then click continue and then select firmware 1.0.2 and click install. After that you should have installer on your phone.
    Thanks for the quick response Jordan. I searched other forums and so far this is the only site that has more information. Im at work so I dont have access to my computer but assuming I have downloaded apptapp file to my computer, Do I open Itunes or does it sync into my phone right away w/o opening itunes?

Again thanks for the quick response!

Jordan,

Ok, I tried doing it here at work. My work computer doesn't have Itunes but I plugged the phone anyway and tried installing the apptapp file, but in the middle of installation, it says something like "Connection host failed". Is it because we have a firewall here at my work? I'm going to try it again when I get home....
    Last edited by swoosh0217; 12-18-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when running the jailbreak make sure iTunes and iTunes helper are not running. To end their processess use task manager. Its important to do that because it can interfere with the jailbreak process. As to why your not able to download the file, I have no clue why thats happening. The site I gave you is the main download site. Just try a different computer.

Jordan

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default NES Emulator
    Yes I finally Jailbrake my iphone!!!! I installed the apptapp application and still running the 1.0.2 firmware wuthout a problem. I have installed a bunch of 3rd party apps including summerboard and customize themes. I also installed ants (cool app) ants crawling on my screen.

Now my next question is I want to install the NES emulator.

I followed this guys [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZfFMMSw1M"]YouTube - Install Nintendo on your iphone Step by Step[/ame] step by step instruction

and instead of downloading the iphonedrive, i downloaded the itouchcopy for windows. the problem i had was when it was time to copy Mario bros roms to iphone, all of a sudden my iphone screen turned black and i could not turn it on?? finally after hitting sleep+home button, it turnback on again with the apple logo and went to home screen. Wheeeeww that was a scare! And yes I had my itunes closed.

Is there an easier way for windows user like me?
    Last edited by swoosh0217; 12-19-2007 at 06:42 AM.