+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: StealthSIM... Does it need trimmed?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I scanned the pics below of the StealthSIM that I got yesterday from iphonestealth.ca - The top pic has no marks so you can see what I am talking about.
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default StealthSIM... Does it need trimmed?
    I scanned the pics below of the StealthSIM that I got yesterday from iphonestealth.ca - The top pic has no marks so you can see what I am talking about. The bottom has my guide marks.

A. This is off topic, but it seems now that they have epoxyed on the microchip so that it doesn't come off accidentally. Some of you have posted a possible missing component. Seems like this will take care of that.

B. You can see from the green dotted line where the stealth sim would match up with the 45 degree angle cut on the original sim. Can this be cut? You can tell that it will not interfere with and traces or via points.

C. This to me shows that these SIMs are printed on a huge sheet and cut by hand with scissors... this one in particular is cut wavy on the left hand side of the top side. I assume this should be trimmed down as well.

I would like to hear what other StealthSIM users have encountered. Let me know your thoughts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd also love to know if anyone has any success with what you're talking about with cutting.

Although I do think that the extra buffer is used to help it fit into the iphone sim tray a little bit better, I've been fuddling with my stealthsim and trying to get it to work, and I've noticed that little bit up top (in theory) allows it to fit right over the spring doo-dad at the top of the tray.

Hopefully that made sense, and hopefully someone else will know more about this than I do.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    As far as the extra is concerned... I cut mine... Plan on using double sided tape to make this stick... just enough to keep it in place.

What are other people experiencing? There has got to be some answers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default The cutting issue
    I have two stealthsim cards that just don't work ( no sim message).
    Do you have the same problem and those cutting make them work?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You got two... funny i ordered one from iphonestealth.ca and I got two in the mail... I am not sure if the cuts work yet - I am getting the phone for x-mas (i think)

I will let you know if those cuts work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tried the cuts, no change :-(

I think my card might just be faulty or something. I've tried it with both the ATT and my carrier's sim with no dice (the no sim message). I had a ray of hope this morning when I saw it move back and forth between searching and no sim, which leads me to think that maybe I just need to work on alignment.

some double sided tape is in order I think.