Ok... I am really good with iPhone and with iPods... Jaolbreaking them.

But today... was a really had day for me...

My cousin comes up to me and asks me to upgrade to 1.1.2 on his iPhone(Jailbroken, not sure about unlocked).

I tell il finish in about 30 minutes.

I start by installing Oktoprep, and then upgrading to 1.1.2.

It finishes and... it starts on the Slide for emergency screen with the connect the iTunes screen. Them I plug it in to iTunes and it makes me sign up for the data plan (My cousin doesn't want the data plan... to much money).I canceland unplug the iPhone. Then, I try to jailbreak it while its on the dialpad. It finishes and I reboot. Same screen... Then I try to do the *#301# thing to go into setting... it doesn't work...

Then I restore back to 1.1.1, and I jailbroke it and stuff... but now it won't activate and I can't call...

This has happened to me before, with my brothers iPhone, it fixed when I upgraded to 1.1.2 (He has the data plan).

Then i learned about BaseBand... and since my BB is already at the one for 1.1.2, il give 1.1.2 another try (Since i have a profile for his phone ready to go).

Now i upgraded, and i am waiting for my brother to get home so i can activate it with his SIM card.

Ok... Is the Slide for Emergency screen supposed to be up when you upgrade?

And

Will putting my brothers SIM card in his phone change anything on his SIM or my cousins iPhone? Like jailbreaking it? or activating it on iTunes?

Sorry, im kinda new to iPhone stuff and BaseBand stuff like that. I thought it would be simple like the iPod Touch... guess not.

I promised my cousin i Would finish TODAY. So... is there anything i need to know so i can get on with this?