Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: StealthSIM working in New Zealand - With a catch!

Default StealthSIM working in New Zealand - With NO catch!
    Don't order a StealthSIM if you have a new 128k SIM card from Vodafone.
    You need an older 32k SIM so the StealthSIM (New black version) can line up properly with the chip on the card.

I tried to get a new SupaPrePay 128k SIM to work and it doesn't - you need the older 32k version like this one below. If your SIM looks any different from the one below your screwed... its just not going to work as the StealthSIM and your SIM card just don't line up and there is no work around.

-180px-vodafone_new_zealand_sim_circa_2002.jpeg

Other than that the install went really well with no real problems... I downloaded the jailbreak file from here

I followed the instructions (read me txt file) that came with that file and popped in the StealthSIM as instructed and ping... Vodafone NZ working well.

I had to install iWorld (found within "Tweaks (1.1.2)" in the installer.app) before I could make any calls and then had to configure the voicemail by dialing *5005*86*707#

More info on cutting your SIM card can be found [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6L1NMkH0"]here[/ame] and [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lL_dKcRZ_U"]here[/ame]

Enjoy!

UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE.

After re checking the above information it turns out the the "Square SIMCards" do work... the one I tried yesterday was a new SIM and wasn't accivated. The iPhone is very clever... it new the SIMCard had never been used before therefore it couldn't use/see the card.

After activating (with a SIM Code/PIN) on another vodafone handset (NOT the iPhone) the StealthSIM worked first time.

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY
    1.1.2 UNLOCKED AND WORKING IN NZ (via StealthSIM)

Sorry for the confusion!
    Last edited by msc1974; 12-17-2007 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Incorrect info

2. The Following User Says Thank You to msc1974 For This Useful Post:

pxpx (12-17-2007)

Damn, my SIM is 128 - Guess I've got no choice but to wait for software unlock.

Does anyone know whether the 64k Vodafone sim works with the StealthSim?

UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE.

After re checking the above information it turns out the the "Square SIMCards do work... the one I tried yesterday was a new SIM and wasn't accivated. The iPhone is very clever... it new the SIMCard had never been used before therefore it couldn't use/see the card.

After activating (with a SIM Code/PIN) on another vodafone handset (NOT the iPhone) the StealthSIM worked first time.

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY
    1.1.2 UNLOCKED AND WORKING IN NZ (via StealthSIM)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.jpg  
    Last edited by msc1974; 12-17-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Some people are screwed.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

do you mean Telecom customers or me for messing everyone about with my half ars8d test and set-up of the stealthSIM?
    Last edited by msc1974; 12-18-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

msc; Where'd you get your stealthsim from (trademe?), and how much?

I dont know if I want to wait for software unlock anymore, but then again I'm hesitant, because I know as soon as I fork out the cash, a software unlock will come through the next bloody day!

yea I know what you mean... I bought direct from www.iphonestealth.ca I only got one as I brought 3 phones over from the US to sell here in NZ and one of my buyers wanted to use on her OE (setting off this Friday). I sort of promised that I could unlock it for her and when the phones arrived it turned out that they were all week 47's... oh bugger!

Quote Originally Posted by pxpx View Post
    msc; Where'd you get your stealthsim from (trademe?), and how much?

I dont know if I want to wait for software unlock anymore, but then again I'm hesitant, because I know as soon as I fork out the cash, a software unlock will come through the next bloody day!
    The the sameway as me!! lol
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..