+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help, I cannot unlock my iPhone (screen lock[slide to unlock]) 1.1.4

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was playing around with my iPhone and it was working so perfectly... i was streaming videos from my computer and i was watching them in the iPhone and then
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [TEMPORALLY SOLVED] Help, I cannot unlock iPhone (screen lock[slide to unlock]) 1.1.4
    I was playing around with my iPhone and it was working so perfectly... i was streaming videos from my computer and i was watching them in the iPhone and then suddenly the iPhone began to lock itself I slide to unlock and i get springboard but 2 sec later i was in the screen lock again, I thought that was because i had low battery so i connected it to my mac and wait until had enough battery, the screen show 50% but at this time i slide to unlock and immediately i was locked again. i just heard the unlock sound and 0.1 sec later the lock sound.
    I tried to turn it off but nothing.
    I just don't want to restore it, I have everything in there, i still can ssh and i could put away all the stuff but i had to loose a whole day restoring everything again.
    Anyone know a better way to get ride of this annoying auto-locking freaking crazy loop?
    Thanks in advance

Update. Never mind I was so desperate that i begin to ssh editing erasing adding strings etc. At the end I get a Temporally solution I had to Erase/Remplace the com.apple.springboard.plist for the original one, i lost some customizations like the status bar, iPhone home, icons arrangement but at least i didn't have to restore it.

By the way i think maybe anymoderator want to move this post to 3rd party applications because i realized that the orb.app was the cause of that problem.
    anyway if someone has this problem you have to replace the com.apple.springboard.plist that is the path /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ in my case i'm using a 1.1.4 iPhone and i moved the apps to the big partition with BossTool i don't know if the path vary when the apps are still in the small partition.
    After reboot the Phone you'll get the first message of the springboard, the one where says that you can rearrange the icons.
    That's it. I said is temporally because if you open orb.app again you may have the problem again.

Update 2
    If you don't want to have that problem again when you close orb.app don't just press the home button neither pause the stream video to later press the home button, you have to close it by going to settings/exit or press and hold the Home Button until you get the springboard screen. That way it closes the login and the stream cache disappear as well the as the wifi stop and the auto-lock pref goes to normal.
    I'll hope that orb.app fix this bug in the next update.
    Last edited by GHOSTYAIRO; 07-01-2008 at 06:01 AM. Reason: [TEMPORALLY SOLVED]
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

Green Apple
    Thanks

i got the exact same problem, what do you mean by replace the original plist :S wheres this, would ssh'ing into it and deleting orb fix the problem???

EDIT

Replace it with what though :S
    Last edited by cf125; 03-30-2009 at 06:58 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

just ssh into the phone go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and search for the com.apple.springboard.plist replace it with the one I attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GHOSTYAIRO For This Useful Post:

dito74 (09-15-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

This was the Method I used back in 1.1.x days

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 2g + 3.1.3
    This worked on the 2G + 3.1.3 software.
    thanks,