+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iphone (1.1.4) works with one SIM card but not another

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi guys i've a 1.1.2 OTB 8 GB (AT&T) iphone that's upgraded and unlocked with various pieces of software (ziphone, iliberty and winpwn) to 1.1.4 it works with a SIM
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Unlocked iphone (1.1.4) works with one SIM card but not another
    hi guys

i've a 1.1.2 OTB 8 GB (AT&T) iphone that's upgraded and unlocked with various pieces of software (ziphone, iliberty and winpwn) to 1.1.4

it works with a SIM card from a Singapore carrier (Starhub) but when I insert an O2 Pay-as-You-Go (basically a prepaid SIM card), it says No SIM card installed no matter what I do. I tried all those unlocking software and it's jailbroken but just won't recognize the SIM card.

If I re-insert the Singapore SIM card, it recognizes and works. Also, if I put the O2 SIM card to a Nokia phone, it works too. Just won't work when I insert the O2 SIM card into the iphone. Any help is greatly appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    no one? is anyone here using an unlocked iphone with O2 pay-as-you-go in UK? I know O2 is the exclusive carrier for iphone in UK but that's for plans with contract i suppose?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I would try 3 or 4 different SIM cards so you can see if it's a bad SIM or what...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I would try 3 or 4 different SIM cards so you can see if it's a bad SIM or what...
    thanks but like i said in the first post, I did put the O2 SIM card into a Nokia phone and it worked fine. so that should rule out bad SIM card?