Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just a quick question regarding updating to 1.1.2

Default Just a quick question regarding updating to 1.1.2
    I've got 1.1.1, and I'm thinking I want to go to 1.1.2 for the quicker speeds. Before I do, just need some clarification. Does the update to 1.1.2 erase all the third party apps? Because in the instructions (http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._%28Upgrade%29), I didn't see any steps to re-install Installer or any other apps....

I'm pretty sure it does.
    Search NAZI

Yes it does, you will need to install oktoprep then upgrade to 1.1.2 and then jailbreak again and reinstall all of your apps...

Quote Originally Posted by rfracing View Post
    Yes it does, you will need to install oktoprep then upgrade to 1.1.2 and then jailbreak again and reinstall all of your apps...
    I am also want to upgrade to 1.1.2 I am in 1.1.1 Jailbroken with a ATT SIM. My question is when I run oktoprep and then update via iTunes can I activate it via the Itunes activation with my ATT Sim and then do the jailbreak? or do I need to run the 1.1.2 jailbreak first and then activate it via that installer?

if your sim is att activated it should stay activated even using the oktoprep that just adjusts the software so you can re jailbreak it shouldn't have anything to do with activation

Ok, so if updating erases all third party apps, then what's the process for re-installing Installer? Same as it was for 1.1.1 or is there a new installer to use for it? I don't understand why that step is left out of the instructions, seems like an important one...