Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easiest and cheapest way to unlock iphone?

Default Easiest and cheapest way to unlock iphone?
    whats the easiest way to unlock the iphone?

whats the cheapest way to unlock the iphone?

Thanks

Cheapest way? Search. It's free
    Easiest way? Search. It's easy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

depends on what iphone you have. firmware?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Cheapest way? Search. It's free
    Easiest way? Search. It's easy
    u don't have to be mean to the guy....whats the point of posting n this forum if u just tell evrybody to search

anysim is the easiest and cheapest way...ITS FREE!

True about anysim. Search and you can find the guides on how to do it. Although it does depend on what firmware you have.
    2.2 pwned!!

thanks for letting my know about anysim, but what does firmware mean?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think it's under settings and about. Its what version of software you have on your iPhone.

Like 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 or 1.0.2

i dont actually have an iphone yet, im just trying to figure if its worth getting one and unlocking it for tmobile. from what ive been reading 1.1.1 is easy to unlock, 1.1.2 cant be unlocked yet, and i havnt heard anything about 1.0.2. what is the difference between the 3, and wich would people recomend for unlocking for tmobile?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1.0.2 - I think this was the first one to be unlcoked for apps
    1.1.1 - the one that everyone uses for unlocking and applications (best version at the moment)
    1.1.2 - if you get a phone loaded with this, you cant unlock (you can use like an ipod touch, but you cant use anySIM which means no tmobile)

You have to go out pretty soon and get a really old iPhone, or you can wait for a 1.1.2 unlock to come around

does the 1.1.2 have anything that the 1.1.1 doesnt have? any reason why people would buy the 1.1.2 over the 1.1.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think 1.1.2 is just a tiny bit faster. Thats all that i know of

Quote Originally Posted by JLEW700 View Post
    does the 1.1.2 have anything that the 1.1.1 doesnt have? any reason why people would buy the 1.1.2 over the 1.1.1?
    A 1.1.2 you can get brand new in the box, and some people may not want to deal with a used phone, potentially paying above retail to get an unopened phone with an older firmware, or buying from a private source at all, which is what you'd have to do to get an older version. As for actual improvements, and/or differences between the firmwares you mentioned, I noticed no appreciable difference with the speed after upgrading to 1.1.2, but other's mileage may vary. I believe the general concession was, though, that a need for native foreign language support, would be the only real reason to go for 1.1.2. I know of no major third party apps specifically provided with only 1.1.2 functionality as of yet. Though, there are starting to be a few that are targeted for 1.1.1 and up.

so you cant buy a 1.1.1 at an apple store anymore, they just carry 1.1.2?
    Last edited by JLEW700; 12-12-2007 at 12:02 PM.

No one is actually sure of 1.1.3 as to when it will come out because everything "thought" version 1.1.3 was coming out last Saturday....but we are still on 1.1.2.

Just wait around for the software unlock for 1.1.2...just a matter of time til it comes out -like everything else.

P.S. if you're really impatient, then I'd say look up "stealthsim" but its an extra $89 bucks -and that will work for 1.1.2 at the moment.