Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Iphone + Unlocked to anySim 'o2' (uk) + 1.1.2 // Apps?

Default New Iphone + Unlocked to anySim 'o2' (uk) + 1.1.2 // Apps?
    Hey everyone, currently awaiting my new iPhone from Santa off Ebay and it's coming with the mentioned spec on it.

I'm in the UK.. the phone is unlocked to any 'o2' sim, and comes with 1.1.2 installed on it.

What do i have to do, to get those groovy little apps onto it and generally start customising it?

I know it's a bit of a grey area regarding apps, installer, and 1.1.2

Some advice would be great

If all you want to do is get programs running on it, you have to jailbreak it.

Try the guides or some of the posts here regarding OTB (out-of-the-box) 1.1.2.....
    Last edited by Kijoki; 12-11-2007 at 08:31 AM.

thanks for the help.. i've read through a thread about jailbreaking 1.1.2 and the end result was this dude getting his phone to work on any o2 sim card.. which is what mine already is.

Sorry, i'm a NooB to all this, just getting a bit confused as there seems to differing end results (unlocking, using 3rd party apps). My phone's already unlocked... do i still have to jailbreak it?

Thanks

Installer will most likely already be on the phone, maybe ask the seller just to be sure? Post a link to the ebay auction

Yeah thats what i thought, i've emailed the seller on it... the auction is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=005

Many thanks for the input on this one, i know there's been a lot of "re-thinking" regarding the jailbreak and unlocking since it came over to the UK...

No reply from the seller yet... is it possible to have an unlocked iphone without installer on it?
    Last edited by Spaggettie; 12-11-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It's possible but very unlikely.

Easiest way to get it on is from ibrickr

1) Download ibrickr. You'll have to install the PXL daemon on your phone, reboot your phone a couple of times, then install Installer from the apps section on ibrickr. Run Installer on your phone and update to the latest version.
    2) You can also install it using SSH. Download a program like WinSCP and copy the installer.app folder from here - http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=382 - and put it in the Applications folder on your iphone, run it and update to the latest version.

Also, visiting Jailbreakme.com might also install Installer, though I'm not sure if this works for phones already jailbroken. Maybe someone could confirm?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

nj86 (12-12-2007)