Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brand new iphone activation and unlock help please n00b

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Brand new iphone otb 1.1.3 activation and unlock help please n00b
    Hi guys im new to this site, the iphone and everything ive read so far makes some kind of sense just really need a helping hand with all of this really, I just bought a brand new iphone out of the box, ive done nothing to it not even connect it to itunes like its been asking of me. I live in tha bahamas so theres no at&t here, so can somebody please help me activate and unlock this phone please. The help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Very much to the much needed efforts.

Regards
    Blazingangel1986
    Last edited by blazingangel1986; 12-11-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Hi I too am in the same position I have an iPhone with firmware 1.1.2 and through all my research there has be nothing that provide a solution unlock it thus far. I have been able to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it but not run anySim so for now all I have is an expensive iTouch for now.

Be patient as I am sure there will be an unlock soon.

Thanks

im pretty sure there is, theres this jerk i know that got his activated annd unlocked and is using a local sim from our telphone company but he paid some other jerk like 300 bucks to do it, I really dont feel like dishing out 300 bucks when i know the guy that unlocked it prob did the same thing im doing using a work around but im sure somebody out there can help us mate

ok been messing with this phone abit and its brand new otb << guessing that means out the box lol but anyhow the phones 1.1.2 and the modem firmware is 4.02.13_G idk if this helps plz help anybody
    Last edited by blazingangel1986; 12-11-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you want to unlock two things:

- check the baseband (if it is 3.9 you can unlock now, if it is 4.6 you are out of luck
    - read the sticky on this board. It answers all of your questions on how if you have and BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX IPHONE WITH 1.1.2 YOU CAN NOT UNLOCK YET (with a small caveat, that the bootloader be 3.9, which is rare)

Any questions?

Thanks

how do u find out the baseband