+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I want to down grade my iphone to 1.1.1 (The phone version is 04.02.13_G). I connect the phone to iTune as instructed. However, I can not find the restore button.
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported
    I want to down grade my iphone to 1.1.1 (The phone version is 04.02.13_G). I connect the phone to iTune as instructed. However, I can not find the restore button.

iTune just show the string

The sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

What can I do now?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kentsin For This Useful Post:

sippy jolly (05-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You can read this in many many posts : start iTunes, connect iphone, hold down power and home button until iPhone shuts down, keep home button pressed until iTunes sees an iPhone that needs to be restored.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robby3 For This Useful Post:

sippy jolly (05-10-2009), vaalon.v (11-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello. I bought an iPhone in Pakistan. It worked fine for Pakistan, Iran and Turkey until I did the software update in iTunes. Then it would not work anymore and of course ... the SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported ... showed up. I rang apple and googled endless hours for a solution. Apple told me that the phone was purchased in America and then resold in Pakistan. The answer from Apple was ... GOOGLE ... you might find something.

I have no idea what to do next. I tried the resets, changing SIM cards, everything ... but maybe somebody can help me!

Really appreciate your help guys,
    Alex

6. The Following User Says Thank You to photoswiss For This Useful Post:

yoav2kill (09-29-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Before sync you iPhone, enable Airplane Mode, now Sync!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation3Br View Post
    Before sync you iPhone, enable Airplane Mode, now Sync!
    FINALLY! a suggestion that actually works!
    thanks for that tip!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question The sim card inserted in this iphone...???
    PLEASE HELP!
    I was given an iphone as a gift and dont really know much about them! The thing is, i'm with t-mobile. I'm not sure if the phone was unlocked but it was workin with the tmobile sim in until i tried to use itunes with it. Now the iphone just has a pic of the USB pointing to an itunes icon. When i unlock it, its says emergency calls only. I would really appreciate a step by step instruction of what to do as i'm not used to the terms used! Cheers to whoever can help!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

does the following quote really work ? or No?

"Before sync you iPhone, enable Airplane Mode, now Sync!"
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by photoswiss View Post
    Hello. I bought an iPhone in Pakistan. It worked fine for Pakistan, Iran and Turkey until I did the software update in iTunes. Then it would not work anymore and of course ... the SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported ... showed up. I rang apple and googled endless hours for a solution. Apple told me that the phone was purchased in America and then resold in Pakistan. The answer from Apple was ... GOOGLE ... you might find something.

I have no idea what to do next. I tried the resets, changing SIM cards, everything ... but maybe somebody can help me!

Really appreciate your help guys,
    Alex
    Hi Alex, the solution of your problem depends on which iphone 2G or 3G you have and which firmware does it run. If you upgraded to latest firmware and baseband you cant unlock your iPhone with yellowsn0w (yet).
    The only thing you can do at this moment is to get a sim unlock card that will work for firmware 2.2.1
    I've got my sim card from this website Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1 and it works fine for the new firmware.
    Anyway good luck to you!
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Was that answer ment 4 me? If it was then i can't even access the airplane mode cause the phone is stuck at the usb and itunes screen!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    You can read this in many many posts : start iTunes, connect iphone, hold down power and home button until iPhone shuts down, keep home button pressed until iTunes sees an iPhone that needs to be restored.
    My issue is similar. I have an iPhone that WAS working fine with iTunes. What happened was I went to sync my iPhone with my iTunes and i accepted the updated version of iTunes and now I haven't been able to use it since. What I'm trying not to do is ruin my iPhone and everything on it in the process of trying to get my iTunes working again. My current provider is Tmobile, my iPhone is jailbroke, I have already saved my playlist and remove itunes, then install it again but it didn't work. If i do this "restore" is that going to take everything i have downloaded on my phone since the mishap to disappear? I would really appreciate any advie i can get on this issue. I have google this issue and searched high and low for something that will work. PLEASE HELP..thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone
    Dear, i did

all what you had advised, then the iphone restored, but it give me the same message that The sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported, please help me i dont know what to do,

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I connect the phone to iTune as instructed. However, I can not find the restore button.

iTune just show the string

The sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

What can I do now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

a lot of us seam to have the same problem...I have a 2g 4gb a1203 ATT going to T Mobile used ziphone did the whole process and got to sim card (t mobile)unsupported . redid the restore as posted in a couple of posts up and it showed a error 0xe8000001 pressed ok and it showed the restore button ..so i pressed it..restored but brought back to usb connect to itunes on the phone again and computer said sim card unsupported again!! pleeeaase help.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my iphone 3gs 3.1.2 is jailbroken but i cant sync or access youtube, or appstore.
    when i connect my iphone to itunes i get that message but i can make a call and access my contact list but still i cant sync with itunes.

some1 know how to fix it ?

ps: I bought the iphone and it was already jailbroken, Im think in redo the jailbreak proccess.

Thanks

Ok .. apparently this is a really old thread ..from a year ago. I dont know what this ziphone product is I never used it. I connected my phone to the itunes. Then I turned it off while connected to the computer, held down the power for five seconds. kept holding down the power button and held down the home button for ten seconds then I let go of the power button while holding on to the home button for 25 seconds. screen flashes white and then the itunes realizes it needs to be restored. I restored it. Then with firmware 3.1.2 on my phone I ran the blackra1n. Then I made it ra1n. Once it I had to run the blacksn0w in cydia to make it work for tmobile .. not sure if I'm helping you guys but that worked for me.
    Moving Shadow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swift View Post
    Ok .. apparently this is a really old thread ..from a year ago. I dont know what this ziphone product is I never used it. I connected my phone to the itunes. Then I turned it off while connected to the computer, held down the power for five seconds. kept holding down the power button and held down the home button for ten seconds then I let go of the power button while holding on to the home button for 25 seconds. screen flashes white and then the itunes realizes it needs to be restored. I restored it. Then with firmware 3.1.2 on my phone I ran the blackra1n. Then I made it ra1n. Once it I had to run the blacksn0w in cydia to make it work for tmobile .. not sure if I'm helping you guys but that worked for me.
    what you did was put your iphone into DFU mode and restore it with a clean firmware and redo the jailbreak proccess

[edit]
    I redid the jailbroken and it worked !!!
    iphone is working
    wifi is working
    apps were installed
    but the only thing that is not working is the youtube
    Last edited by Nicholas; 01-14-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks

well I'm glad for you. I have heard this before that sometimes people will jailbreak and then some apps, apps that are stock, wont work, unfortunately I dunno what the answer is .. sorry.
    Moving Shadow

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad Swift For This Useful Post:

new2earth (04-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did everything you said and the restore botton appeared but after i restor it, it goes back to screen where in they ask for a simcard because my sim card is not supported. what do i do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i had the same problem i tryed to unlock my iphone so i can use it on tmobile network but when i restored my phone to the newest 3.1.3 firmware I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE BUT THEN I DOWNLOADED BLACKRA1N
    THIS IS THE STEP YOU NEED TO TAKE

1. download blackra1n Download: blackra1n for Mac / Windows (free iPhone / iPod Touch jailbreak tool) | iPhone World

2. open blackrain then click make it rain your iphone will now be put in recovery model (you should see use and itunes cd)

3. you should should see the restore iphone button (in itunes)

4.disconnect iphone from pc blackra1n should say you have been jailbroken (but you havent) now download iphone firmware 3.0 restore iphone by clicking SHIFT+RESTORE

4.find your iphone firmware restore phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone problem
    my iphone is unlock i have t-mobile sim card my sim works fine until i update my iphone version on itunes i download the update and install it now my itune says sim card not supported what the **** how do i fix this problem plz help me...