Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported

I have a iphone 3G with thet problem. (The Sim card insterted in this Iphone does not appear to be supported) and i don't know what to do. I updated my iphone to IOS4.0 from last iTunes , and now on my iphone i don't have any programs to do somethings or call someone and don't connect at the sim.
    Im from romania i buyed my iphone from Englan, i don't haved this problems yet.... please tell me what to do i'm so sad....

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzza View Post
    I have a iphone 3G with thet problem. (The Sim card insterted in this Iphone does not appear to be supported) and i don't know what to do. I updated my iphone to IOS4.0 from last iTunes , and now on my iphone i don't have any programs to do somethings or call someone and don't connect at the sim.
    Im from romania i buyed my iphone from Englan, i don't haved this problems yet.... please tell me what to do i'm so sad....

Thanks
    Get a phonebook sim card to activate, read this :
    iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

Jailbreak worked perfectly, thank you

mine is a 3gs about 4 days old and just updated from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 and im getting that stupid no sim card installed error message on itunes and the phone is unusable atm.

Default my iphone 2g doesnt work
    hey guys i just got this kinda old iphone 2g and i tryed to install itunes and i connected wireless internet and then i did a update and i got this sim doesnt work and then i decided to restore it and my usb cabel is weird and it disconnect if it self and the pic stays with the use and the itune pls help me!!!

Hi
    can some one help me please
    my sister got an iphone off her friend and he reset it for her
    and she put her sim in and it worked fine

however shes give it me and i've restored it through itunes and now its saying sim not supported...
    and can only make emeragancy calls cant do anything else on the phone... and cable and itunes symbols are still on the screen

if we can get hold of the sim that came with the phone to re-activate the phone ... will it then accept my sim card?

or do i need to do something else?? would apperciate the help as its driving me crazy!

my sisters friend has the phone unlocked.

thanks.

Default Tue tutorial for iPhone 2G worked fine
    I have an iPhone 2G and passed for the same problem as related by many other here... After iTunes update, it oferred some firmware updated and as a Dummy I accepted (did not know what really would be updated).

After this, I got the phone in emergency calls screen and the information about the SIM card not supported.

I used the link instructions
    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

and it worked perfectly!

After this procedure, I opened iTunes and got back my iPhone backup and sincronization.

Thank you! Cheers!
    Marcelo

Default locked and not activated
    ok so i made a mistake thinking i can re-jailbreak after upgrading to 4.0.2 - bad decision.
    after hours of restoring, blackra1n-ing, tiny-umbrella-tion, iReb-ification and wat not...i am finally back - not even to square one ! I am now at the activation thing where itunes needs a valid sim card to activate.

i m guessing i need to use the phonebook card or something...but just wanted to check with u guys wat could be my next step to at least get inside the phone (and then wait for the jailbreak to release eventually) !

Default cant switch off my iphone 2G
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcn View Post
    I have an iPhone 2G and passed for the same problem as related by many other here... After iTunes update, it oferred some firmware updated and as a Dummy I accepted (did not know what really would be updated).

After this, I got the phone in emergency calls screen and the information about the SIM card not supported.

I used the link instructions

and it worked perfectly!

After this procedure, I opened iTunes and got back my iPhone backup and sincronization.

Thank you! Cheers!
    Marcelo

hey i have the same problem and trying to solve it by the link told above. but that process requires to shut off the phone and my phone is just not turning off. it keeps showing the USB and itunes icon in emergency mode. can someone suggest me a solution!! does this happen or my switch off button is broken!!

Default did you have any luck?
    The power button on my 2g iphone is broken so i cannot switch off my phone either.

Please help!

I have the same issue on an iphone 4 os 4.0. It wont activate w a dead att sim nor will it activate with an active att sim. What to do!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    All 2G can be jailbroken and unlocked read this

hey man

Everything worked untill the "waiting for reboot"...
    It is just frozen... I tried 3-4 times its the same starts waiting to reboot but does not proceed ((( what s wrong?

Guys

Find out tested iPhone 4 No Sim Card Installed error fixes, here:

Tested "No SIM Error iPhone 4" Fixes

Default want help to turn my iphone 4 open....
    it comes 4rm uk it was working without sim here in pakistan......i jxt upgrade da software and thn restore it 4rm tht moment when i turn it on there a steps of language...etc thn a message appears tht no sim.....thts y i jxt brought turbosim by entering tht now it appearing tht to put inside authorized sim vich is provided by company wht to do now plzzzzzzzzz help me........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123