+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have same problem could you give me any instrustion please??
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have same problem could you give me any instrustion please??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    tell exactly wat ur phone is doing when you connect it to itunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you very much for replying me, well i upgraded my iphone to 3.1.3 after the upgrading proces it shows the itune and USB indicator and when i connect it to my pc the ituned shows this message (THE SIM CARD INSERTED IN THIS IPHONE DOES NOT APPERA TO BE SUPPORTED OLNLY COMPATIBLE SIM CARDS FROM A SUPPORTED CARRIER MAY BE USED TO ACTIVATE IPHONE. PLEASE INSERT THE SIM CARD THAT CAME WITH YOUR IPHONE OR VISIT A SUPPORTED CAMER'S STORE TO RECEIVE A REPLACEMENT SIM CARD) i am working for ARMY and deployed over seas and i have at&t sim card, i allready tried that sim card but wont work. and also tried to downgrade it to 3.0 but it says that this restore is not compatable. so please help me out i really need to fix my iphone out here we dont have nothing i really have to listen to my music out here.
    than you once again for your time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i had the same problem but i didnt have a at&t sim card i had my t-mobile sim in and it gave me the same message this is wat i didnt so i could still use my iphone idownloaded iphone firmware 3.1.2 and then i put the iphone into restore mode then on itunes i clicked restore while holding down the shift key (I'm using windows you ) after that i found the firmware i needed then i let itunes restore the iphone to 3.1.2 but in the middle of the restore process i got a error 1013 or 1015 message then i download blackra1n then click make it ra1n and ur iphone will go back into restore mode then u you should get a pic of a guy face with iphones around him after ur phone restart u will be jailbroken but not unlocked on ur iphone u will c a blackra1n app install sn0w and cydia put ur at&t sim in then restart ur iphone and u should be good to go

5. The Following User Says Thank You to icam12 For This Useful Post:

iphoneguy. (06-23-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks you so much for you detailed solution. I had this same problem. My iphone was 3G and was jailbroken. I didn't have access to ever see my home page because it was in recovery mode and only allowing me to dial emergency calls. but now it fixed.

thanks for you help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Help
    Hey i am havin same problem. when i make it ra1n the phone stays blank n never reboots alone. i hold home+power for seconds n when it reboots it only makes emergency callin with a sim "searching..." and no imei or meid. unknown. i restore with itunes and get a error 1013 at the end of the restore. i have a att to go sim. it worked with my 3gs so why not this one. itunes says please insert a valid sim. while i have a att sim in. is there a failure in my phone or do i wait and fix. also i tried to install 3.1.2 holdint shift n clickin restore. but it can not find the file. im usins widows 7
    any help greatly appreciated thanx bye

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey icam12,
    i really need your help, my phone still does not work i downloaded the 3.1.2 and also downloaded 3g3.1.2 but both of them wont work, it says that this firware is not competible, please help me out thank you veryy much for your help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Helppp i cant fix my iphone still can anyone give me a good descriptiom how to fix my 3g iphone . I have att n it still wont read my sim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey man i have same problem, please let me know when you fixed yours, thank you very much, ohh i ma using windows 7 too, and it used to show a message says that the firmware was not found, but once it found and said that your firmware is not competible with your iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have at&t I have done everything there is to do, it keeps taking me back to the emergency call only screen. I dl'd blackrain, worked for a while, for no reason started a reboot process with the apple, i went into restore mode, plugged into comp, said sim not supported, went to at&t changed sim cards, still didnt work, came home looked online for fixes, downloaded 3.0, restore with 3.0, downloaded red snow, it said it downloaded everything, but still no home screen, just emergency only. i redownloaded black rain, and started it, unplugged phone, shift restore v3.0, error message, still nothing... i have tried and tried, and will keep trying. i already bought a new phone but i still want to get this back to normal so i can use it as a backup. THanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i need help, any please!!!!
    hi every one, currently i am over seas and i don't have internet connection, and my iphone does not have internet either, so i was trying to conect to my computer and sync some music but my iphone wont conect to computer, it says that YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO INTERNET....l
    any please help me out. thank you very much in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys... My girlfriend has an iphone... She had old firmware so she asked me "to do something with it" So I did.. and updated it. Guess what happened - iPhone realized that it has wrong sim inside... She bought it in Canada and now she's using it here in Czech Republic. Now, it doesn't work at all.. It's on emergency mode and I can't do a thing about it. I tried, redsn0w = nothing.. I tried blackra1n = nothing... I tried to restore it.. I tried basically everything.. Everytime I end up in "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported." Can somebody give an advice? If I couldn't make the sim work, at least I would like its iPod make to work... Appreciate every advice!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is it a 3G or 3GS?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem as Proditor (also tried to help my gf - same result).
    She got her iphone from her mother in Russia and is now trying to use it in the UK with t-mobile. It worked fine with the sim card before the update but now it wont even start properly.

It's a 2G iphone.

Many thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JanLudwig View Post
    Hi, I've got exactly the same problem as Proditor (also tried to help my gf - same result).
    She got her iphone from her mother in Russia and is now trying to use it in the UK with t-mobile. It worked fine with the sim card before the update but now it wont even start properly.

It's a 2G iphone.

Many thanks for any help.
    All 2G can be jailbroken and unlocked read this

How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem but i have the iphone 3g please help me i do not know what to do and my iphone is in emergency calls only and says the sim card is not supported and all that.. Please try and help me and all would be apreciated.. Cheers! austin

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

please how can i jailbreak/unlock my iPhone 3gs 3.1.2 on modem firmware 04.26.08

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 1G, the very first iPhone to be released. It's unlocked. I didn't unlocked it. I payed someone to unlock it.
    Yeah, so, my brother wants to play apps there but, it's 1G so, it doesn't support apps. I never did any update to it.

And just this morning, I downloaded the 3.1.3 update and then it says, it doesn't support my sim. Then I googled about it and I found this thread.
    I restored it already but it still doesn't recognized my sim.
    I found a page that says you can unlock and jailbreak an iPhone at the same time but it has to be 2.2.1.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    Thank you very much. : )

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssax321 View Post
    I have an iPhone 1G, the very first iPhone to be released. It's unlocked. I didn't unlocked it. I payed someone to unlock it.
    Yeah, so, my brother wants to play apps there but, it's 1G so, it doesn't support apps. I never did any update to it.

And just this morning, I downloaded the 3.1.3 update and then it says, it doesn't support my sim. Then I googled about it and I found this thread.
    I restored it already but it still doesn't recognized my sim.
    I found a page that says you can unlock and jailbreak an iPhone at the same time but it has to be 2.2.1.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    Thank you very much. : )

Read this link, you should be able to do it yourself

http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbreak-unlock-3-1-3-iphone-2g-windows-os-x/

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Alyssax321 (07-03-2010), zaki1462 (07-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Read this link, you should be able to do it yourself

http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbreak-unlock-3-1-3-iphone-2g-windows-os-x/
    But I restored it.
    Can it work?