+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are Stealth and TurboSIMs Firmware Update Safe?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This probably something that can't be answered yet... but hopefully once the 1.1.3 firmware is released someone can post. But are the Stealth or TurboSIMs firmware update safe... has anyone
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Are Stealth and TurboSIMs Firmware Update Safe?
    This probably something that can't be answered yet... but hopefully once the 1.1.3 firmware is released someone can post. But are the Stealth or TurboSIMs firmware update safe... has anyone used one of these through a 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 firmware update.

Curious about this.

Thanks

Default TurboSIM
    The answer is Definately!

I live in New Zealand and i'm running a 1.1.2 iPhone using a TurboSIM. Updating is not hard, all you need to do is:

1.) On an activated 1.1.1 iPhone, go to Installer and install Oktoprep (found in tweaks 1.1.1?)
    2.) Update! to 1.1.2 through iTunes
    3.) Download 1.1.2-jailbreak. If you are on a Mac, click Jailbreak.jar. If you are on Windows, click jailbreak.bat. (Ps. I use windows)
    4.) This will activate your iPhone aswell. To fix the SMS and Phone crashing issue, install iWorld from Tweaks (1.1.2) in Installer.

This would have to be one of the easiest updates yet!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    cool thanks for the answer... I will wait until the 1.1.3 firmware is released then I will probably buy one... I want to make sure this works with a current update as well.