+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can an upgraded and unlocked 1.1.2 be restored?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 unlocked etc. and all went fine. A piece of cake actually. iToggle froze up my phone and I now have no choice but
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Can an upgraded and unlocked 1.1.2 be restored?
    I recently upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 unlocked etc. and all went fine. A piece of cake actually. iToggle froze up my phone and I now have no choice but to restore. I restored to 1.1.2 last night and then realized that I probably should not have so I decided to go back and follow the same guide I used to upgrade and start all over again. While downgrading to 1.0.2 I got the dreaded yellow triangle. I've done a fair bit of searching to figure out what to do but am still unsure as to which of the many guides to use in this particular situation. Any advice as to where to start would be much appreciated. My baseband is already at 1.1.2 so what's the best route to take to get back to 1.1.2 unlocked?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak/activate, oktoprep, upgrade

3. The Following User Says Thank You to defmute For This Useful Post:

mrkay (12-10-2007)

ojx
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol that was what happened to me on Saturday night. do what defmute said. you don't need to unlock the baseband again. while i was on 1.1.1, itunes asked me if i wanted to restore my phone so i clicked yes (before upgrading to 1.1.2) and all my preferences were back to my phone before it was restored. then after i activated/jailbreak the phone, the settings were still there(not the songs/videos). just like if nothing happened to the phone.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

yeh restore back to 1.1. install oktprep then update back to 1.1.2 then jailbreak 1.1.2
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..