+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OTB 1.1.2 Sim Unlocking

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Well, I'm sort of new here. But I've been researching this unlock for weeks. And I'm just very confused, I know the fact that it HAS NOT been unlocked yet
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default OTB 1.1.2 Sim Unlocking
    Well, I'm sort of new here. But I've been researching this unlock for weeks. And I'm just very confused, I know the fact that it HAS NOT been unlocked yet because of the new bootloader, I just can't see why is it taking so long? I mean I'm really losing my hopes.

All this rant is just a way to ask, the Dev Team, if they are really working on it? I mean, will I be able to unlock my phone soon? Every day that goes on and my phone is still useless sucks.

Not too much into TurboSIM. So don't suggest it. Besides I don't have the money for it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, just asking.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    get a stealthSIM if you are so impatient.

http://iphonestealth.ca/

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Some searching would yeild the answers you seek. From what I've heard the software unlock wont be out until firmware 1.1.3 comes out. So you are looking at anouther couple weeks. Sorry Budd. I believe you can jailbrake it so you can at least use it as an ipod. Check the guides for that.

Thanks

StealthSIM and TurboSIM do the same thing.

Starchest: If you have the math skills to break a 1024bit RSA key encryption, give the Dev Team a call, I'm sure they'd appreciate your help to speed things up.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont know any anyone saw thing yet but i think its very helpful
    it seems like this guy unlocked a iphone 1.1.2 wihtout a turbosim or anything of that kind...
    but i dont know much about this
    i hope this helps...
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=1aYCLIiaQD8"]YouTube - iPhone 1.1.2 Bootloader 4.6 Unlocked ?[/ame]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool Video. BUt its a little to shaky for my taste.
    Last edited by miketbone20; 12-10-2007 at 01:09 PM. Reason: double post on accident

Green Apple
    Thanks

The audacity on this guy...

Have you donated to the Dev Team? Probably No.

So, stfu and wait!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astrit_idrizi View Post
    i dont know any anyone saw thing yet but i think its very helpful
    it seems like this guy unlocked a iphone 1.1.2 wihtout a turbosim or anything of that kind...
    but i dont know much about this
    i hope this helps...
    YouTube - iPhone 1.1.2 Bootloader 4.6 Unlocked ?
    Wow, this proves this guy is a lousy camera man. Here's what I think went down. He paid through the teeth for an unlock code (you notice its a German video), unlocked his iPhone through iTunes. Turned on the camera, began filming and viola! He's a master cracker.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    @ gu014: Well, no need to talk like that, I said a thousand times I was not complaining. Maybe you should try to read. Anyways not that I'm selfish or anything but it's been a LONG time and unlock isn't out yet, I lose hope day after day so I don't know about the donation thing, what happens if they never manage to unlock it, or do it in a year. So I don't know.

@ Eurisko: Tough I don't find myself completly lost in the subject, I still think I won't be much of a help to the Dev Team.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starchest View Post
    @ gu014: Well, no need to talk like that, I said a thousand times I was not complaining. Maybe you should try to read. Anyways not that I'm selfish or anything but it's been a LONG time and unlock isn't out yet, I lose hope day after day so I don't know about the donation thing, what happens if they never manage to unlock it, or do it in a year. So I don't know.
    You have to remember that the Dev Team a) isn't being paid to do this, b) is doing this in their spare time, and c) they're doing it to see if it can be done, the hackers purpose, nothing more.

If you ask them to rush, they can always tell you to go to hell, and rightly so.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starchest View Post
    You are selfish. Your continued words prove that. The Dev team has done quite enough already to warrant your donation.