+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhones unlocked in China with new bootloader

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
first off, I'm no newb and have no reason to make this up. I have guides here that have been stickied and I've personally unlocked over 500 (have videos on
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhones unlocked in China with new bootloader
    first off, I'm no newb and have no reason to make this up. I have guides here that have been stickied and I've personally unlocked over 500 (have videos on youtube with 70+ phones at a time). on top of that, I'm married with children and have better things to do than to make up stories, so here we go...

my uncle is a consultant for a large oil company, he's currently "stationed" in China. I saw him for the first time tonight in about 10 years. he is frequently in Shenzhen China which is the city where the iPhones are manufactured. According to him, you can buy "iPhones" in Shinzhen that are already unlocked, even with the newest 1.1.2/4.6BL. the reason i quote "iPhone" is because they are not technically Apple iPhones. They are produced in the exact same manufacturing plant, software is the exact same, accessories the same, same box etc. they just sell them unlocked before locking and shipping them to Apple. so they are 100% iPhones, just never made it to Apple. this actually happens with almost all electronics in China.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ok?
    That's great. We all know there are unlocked phones out there. So, can you get me about 50 of them at 400 each?

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What a great story which goes no where and helps with nothing.

Now if this were followed up by, "Who wants one, I can help"

or "I have bought one and sent it to some hackers" then we are talking.

Other then that all you are doing is rubbing everyone's face saying haha.

Thanks for that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
    first off, I'm no newb and have no reason to make this up. I have guides here that have been stickied and I've personally unlocked over 500 (have videos on youtube with 70+ phones at a time). on top of that, I'm married with children and have better things to do than to make up stories, so here we go...

my uncle is a consultant for a large oil company, he's currently "stationed" in China. I saw him for the first time tonight in about 10 years. he is frequently in Shenzhen China which is the city where the iPhones are manufactured. According to him, you can buy "iPhones" in Shinzhen that are already unlocked, even with the newest 1.1.2/4.6BL. the reason i quote "iPhone" is because they are not technically Apple iPhones. They are produced in the exact same manufacturing plant, software is the exact same, accessories the same, same box etc. they just sell them unlocked before locking and shipping them to Apple. so they are 100% iPhones, just never made it to Apple. this actually happens with almost all electronics in China.
    OK can you PM me with details. I will be in Shenzhen next week and can check this out. If this is true I can report or at least get mine unlocked while Im there. I have heard this as well considering they are made there but an exact location woudld be appreciated Shenzhen is a biggish place

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KmanOz View Post
    OK can you PM me with details. I will be in Shenzhen next week and can check this out. If this is true I can report or at least get mine unlocked while Im there. I have heard this as well considering they are made there but an exact location woudld be appreciated Shenzhen is a biggish place
    I don't think you can get yours to be unlocked. From what this guy is saying, it appears that workers in this manufacturing plant, which apparently has no security whatsoever for a communist society, are sneaking these iPhones out before the lock is being placed on the phone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I don't think you can get yours to be unlocked. From what this guy is saying, it appears that workers in this manufacturing plant, which apparently has no security whatsoever for a communist society, are sneaking these iPhones out before the lock is being placed on the phone.
    correct. the whole point is that if someone in Shenzen could get their hands on one and reverse engineer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well they are not iphones and are copies i have seen alot of them...... if it was possible to unlock in china... alot of suppliers in hong kong will be selling new 1.1.2 iphones. coz presently iPhones is worthless for them..... so if its possible in China, i think there would have been alot of unlocked iphones in hkg... but doesnt seems to be the case....
    Parwinder

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good Story////but worthless

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Could be...
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..