+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got my OTB 1.1.2 working...with TurboSIM

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I suspect that an unlock for OTB 1.1.2 is not gonna come for a long time (if it ever does). So, feeling naked without my iPhone, I took the plunge:
    Thanks

Default Got my OTB 1.1.2 working...with TurboSIM
    I suspect that an unlock for OTB 1.1.2 is not gonna come for a long time (if it ever does). So, feeling naked without my iPhone, I took the plunge: bought myself TurboSIM for $199 Australian + $15 shipping. It was a bit of a challenge to cut both the original AT&T SIM and my SIM with a knife, but today I am a happy owner of a working OTB 1.1.2!

I also hear that TSIM'd iPhones are not susceptible to firmware upgrades. If that's true, then that's icing on the cake.

If anyone has any questions, fire away.
    Last edited by truenorth; 12-10-2007 at 06:10 AM.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Banned
    Thanks

how exactly does the process work...how did u do it?

Thanks

Sorry I don't have time to post pics, but if you check some eBay listings, you'll see that there is an extra chip on the TurboSIM - I assume to "emulate" an AT&T SIM. In order for your non-AT&T SIM to fit, you'll have to cut out a 9mm x 10mm area of your SIM. The TurboSIM and your SIM line up and make contact, and the TurboSIM acts as a bridge between your SIM and the iPhone. Sorry, but that's the best way I can explain it.

In a nutshell, the process goes like this:

1. perform the surgery (cutting out the 9 x 10 area) on both the original AT&T and your SIM
    2. follow this simple guide posted on hackint0sh. As you can see there, you install and run Applesaft on the iPhone. I added a suggestion (correction?) on that thread, too: post #50 on page 5.

The whole process took me less than an hour.

It cost me dearly, but this Christmas, I have a fully working OTB 1.1.2 iPhone!
    Last edited by truenorth; 12-10-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    Sydney, Australia

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    Sorry I don't have time to post pics, but if you check some eBay listings, you'll see that there is an extra chip on the TurboSIM - I assume to "emulate" an AT&T SIM. In order for your non-AT&T SIM to fit, you'll have to cut out a 9mm x 10mm area of your SIM. The TurboSIM and your SIM line up and make contact, and the TurboSIM acts as a bridge between your SIM and the iPhone. Sorry, but that's the best way I can explain it.

In a nutshell, the process goes like this:

1. perform the surgery (cutting out the 9 x 10 area) on both the original AT&T and your SIM
    2. follow this simple guide posted on hackint0sh. As you can see there, you install and run Applesaft on the iPhone. I added a suggestion (correction?) on that thread, too: post #50 on page 5.

The whole process took me less than an hour.

It cost me dearly, but this Christmas, I have a fully working OTB 1.1.2 iPhone!
    Huh???
    I have my T-Mo SIM in my iPhone and it works without cutting anything.
    You do have me on the OTA an upgrade without bricking the phone.
    I am still 1.0.2 because I dont want to have to unlock this puppy again anySIM...
    I dont see why you needed to cut anything???

Thanks

n0m0n, just as the thread says, this is for an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone, a different beast from your 1.0.2. An OTB 1.1.2 cannot be software-unlocked. The only way to unlock it is thru TurboSIM...and I've heard thru StealthSIM, too.

The SIM needs cutting to fit the TurboSIM tray. Once the two line up, they masquerade as an AT&T SIM.
    Sydney, Australia

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    n0m0n, just as the thread says, this is for an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone, a different beast from your 1.0.2. An OTB 1.1.2 cannot be software-unlocked. The only way to unlock it is thru TurboSIM...and I've heard thru StealthSIM, too.

The SIM needs cutting to fit the TurboSIM tray. Once the two line up, they masquerade as an AT&T SIM.
    Maybe I am missing something or maybe the newer iPhones have a different SIM tray but I have a ATT SIM and a T-Mo SIM and they are identical in every way.

Strange

JW