Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Week 41 with new bootloader?

Default Week 41 with new bootloader?
    Crap, I just bought a phone from some guy off craigslist and it is a week 41 phone but has 1.1.2/ 4.02 and bootloader 4.62 WTF?!?!? AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Weak sauce

It seems to be hit and miss... I saw a thread on another forum where the guy bought a week 29 phone and it had the new bootloader and 1.1.2. Tough luck man, I'd say eBay that sucker and try to find one on craigslist so you can check it out before you buy it.

dude i say find him and kick is ***** if he lied to u he my have changed the back on it so the imei will be a earlier week phone i have seen this happen to my friend check the imei on the back of the phone then check the imei in the settings and see if there the same

but the serial number matches in the phone, on the box and on the outside of the phone

imei's all match too (phone/box/back of phone)
    Last edited by jacobzking; 12-08-2007 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
    Crap, I just bought a phone from some guy off craigslist and it is a week 41 phone but has 1.1.2/ 4.02 and bootloader 4.62 WTF?!?!? AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!
    No way! I bought Yesterday 18 Iphones week 44 and week 40 and they are all old bootloader, I already unlocked all week 44. Need a proof?

I should add from an AT&T store not a crook on Craigslist.
    Last edited by elfribo; 12-08-2007 at 03:44 PM.

I know that it is TYPICALLY week 45 and up with new bootloader, but not this one. I've unlocked over 500 iPhones, dozens of week 41-44 with NO problem, but this is a really odd exception (that's why I created the post)