+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will My Unlocked iPhone work with MetroPCS?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Now, I know what you're thinking: absolutely not; MetroPCS uses a totally different technology (CDMA) in their phones and thus, will not work with an iPhone because iPhones use SIM
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Will My Unlocked iPhone work with MetroPCS?
    Now, I know what you're thinking: absolutely not; MetroPCS uses a totally different technology (CDMA) in their phones and thus, will not work with an iPhone because iPhones use SIM technology.

Why is it then that a few of my friends successfully hooked their iPhones up with MetroPCS? Did MetroPCS rev up their technology or something?

Is there something I'm missing out on? There has to be a way.

c.reznor

2. The Following User Says Thank You to creznor For This Useful Post:

Jasonvel (04-14-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No. There Isn't.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude i work a metro pcs store and i know for a fact theres no way i have a iphone on t mobile and another on at&t and a metro if i could get my metro pcs service on my iphone i would be in heaven but theres no way man sorry some one lied to u

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes, There is a way. But that's not totally legit. My friend operates a cellphone store and he can hack a CDMA account to use it with Iphone. Too Good to be true but.... Factually True.

Thanks

I don't think its possible to do that. Ok, I suppouse you can hack a metropcs phone but then how would you be able to get the phone information into an iPhone?
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well ?...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iempire For This Useful Post:

metorra (11-13-2008)

Thanks

You'd have to somehow get that info to a SIM card among other things. I think the network may have to be tweaked as well...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have a few people telling me that somehow it is now possible and ppl are charging like 50 dollars to make it work with metro pcs..any recent info on this??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0Kewl1 For This Useful Post:

bratx1 (11-23-2009)

Thanks

did a google on this and people are saying something about ESNI...also
    heres a vid
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ddv01WHVmE]YouTube - unlock MetroPCS service on iPhone[/ame]

i found this clip , might be useful asl well

Following on MetroPCS’s successful launch in the coveted Los Angeles market, the “unlimited” carrier has announced that they’ll be working with Alcatel-Lucent to bring 3G data service to seven key markets in the US. MetroPCS won the 3G spectrum in last year’s AWS spectrum auction, and will be upgrading their CDMA network from 1xRTT to EV-DO speeds in Los Angeles, Detroit, and Dallas.

MetroPCS also plans to launch in four new markets with 3G from the get-go - New York, Las Vegas, Bostson, and Philadelphia will see MetroPCS’s 3G EVDO network go live in the near future.

“Our customers want the most value for their dollar and our unlimited flat-rate service offers a compelling value proposition, which is evident by the remarkable continued growth of our subscriber base,” said Roger D. Linquist, MetroPCS’ Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.

The upgraded 3G MetroPCS network will bring advanced data solutions to its subscriber-base. MetroPCS customers can expect the same “unlimited” rate plan model with even more service options - services like “advanced multimedia, mobile data, unified communications, video mail, speech-enabled and real-time voice portal applications.”

MetroPCS did not outline their 3G-rollout timeline, but we assume it’ll be completed before the end of 2008. Unlimited wireless plans just got a bit more interesting. We’d love to see a 3G GSM network with an unlimited rate-plan model - now that would get us to bite.
    UPDATE:
    also , i did find this

Mobile RUIM Card

This is short for Re-movable User Identity Module. It is a removable ID chip for cellular phones that use the CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) network. It is designed to hold and protect all of the subscriber's data necessary to receive wireless services.

The RUIM card holds a user's personal information such as name and account number, cell phone number, phone book, text messages and other settings.

thanx button in advance
    Last edited by z3r01; 11-16-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah ive seen the clip..but that clip doesnt really prove anything.. seems like bs to me.. but now ive heard more than one person has it on metro.. someone on here must know how to do it

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

How is the iPhone going to receive the CDMA/EVDO spectrum when the stock radio only receives GSM?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

watice (01-05-2010)

Thanks

Dunno, something i would like to know
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    all the ppl who said oh no it would never work NEVER NEVER who called everyone who asked idiots..well whos the idiots now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default metro pcs
    doesit work or what,the ipho on metro PCS

Thanks

No sir it dosent

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It is 100000000% impossible, IMPOSSIBLE, to use an iPhone on Metro PCS's current network (or Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, etc), simple as that. They use CDMA, the iPhone is GSM. That's like putting a PS3 game into a Wii and expecting it to play, its NOT POSSIBLE. No amount of hacking can make it possible, Apple would either have to make an entirely new chipset for the iPhone or Metro PCS would have to switch their entire network over to GSM. There two totally different systems. And it has nothing to do with SIM cards. Even if Metro PCS made a SIM card, it would be a RUIM SIM, not a GSM SIM, since CDMA uses RUIM. It would fit in the slot, sure, but it wont do anything since it's an entirely different network. Get over it. CDMA is a crappy old standard only used in the USA because the carriers are so greedy here and don't want people switching to other carriers like they can on GSM. Luckily, its slowly dying, thanks to the iPhone and the lack of support by any other countries.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FelisCatusLover For This Useful Post:

watice (01-05-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wanted to agree with everyone who said it was impossible, and call everyone who said it was possible idiots. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

actually it really works because what you can do is unlock your iphone by jailbreaking it to work with all carriers including CDMA type carriers, and all you have to do is go to your carrier shop and pay the amount to get it fix with their service, meaning loading their data to your phone or flashing it is what they called it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

whoever says it will work on metro is an idiot.

Theoretically if you had a way to switch out the GSM radio to CDMA then somehow manage to store the MEID/ESN data on the SIM card then yea, but im pretty sure its no possible.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, here's the bottom like.....

For those who say it's impossible due to different systems. They are correct, but ...
    For those who say it IS possible. They are correct also.

Why? Anything is possible is you are smart enough, do enough, and spend enough.

Don't ya just love computer gadgets

I'm still looking for that smart and wealthy hardware/software super-hacker.
    Show me the beef ... or if you're from Nebraska, just 'show me'

BTW: I also heard there was a genius in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam who was able to rewrite
    the baseband and boot and free the 3Gs from Apple ---- but I've never seen it
    Last edited by Mes; 01-19-2010 at 08:13 PM.