+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will My Unlocked iPhone work with MetroPCS?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by FelisCatusLover It is 100000000% impossible, IMPOSSIBLE, to use an iPhone on Metro PCS's current network (or Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, etc), simple as that. They use CDMA, the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FelisCatusLover View Post
    It is 100000000% impossible, IMPOSSIBLE, to use an iPhone on Metro PCS's current network (or Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, etc), simple as that. They use CDMA, the iPhone is GSM. That's like putting a PS3 game into a Wii and expecting it to play, its NOT POSSIBLE.
    You're kidding right? Of course you can, it's been done time and time again, proven over and over. It's been done by using unlock technology, similar to jailbreaking.
    On another note, again, you are wrong. There is a CDMA model for the iPhone. It uses Verizon's network.

Geez, get up to date, buddy.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You are either asleep or drunk. Take a look at the date on this thread, you have just gone to a thread that is more than a year old when there was no CDMA iPhone and tried to respond to it in todays terms. Have some coffee and try and wake up.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

orig post was 12-07-2007, 04:48 PM

fast forward to 12-24-2011, yes its possible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Check out this article...
    Quote Originally Posted by creznor View Post
    Now, I know what you're thinking: absolutely not; MetroPCS uses a totally different technology (CDMA) in their phones and thus, will not work with an iPhone because iPhones use SIM technology.

Why is it then that a few of my friends successfully h

ooked their iPhones up with MetroPCS? Did MetroPCS rev up their technology or something?

Is there something I'm missing out on? There has to be a way.

c.reznor
    MetroPCS says: Bring your own phone - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Yes and no!
    The iPhone 4 and newer have either CDMA or GSM. The GSM models are found for AT&T and Sprint. The CDMA model is for Verizon. CDMA is a technology that doesn't use sim cards. I believe that MetroPCS doesn't either. So mostly any carrier will unlock your phones for you after your 2 year contract is up. This allows the phone to be used on any compatible carrier. Therefore if you have a Verizon iPhone that is unlocked, you should be able to put it on a MetroPCS plan. My best advice is unlock your phone (after its not on a contracted plan anymore) and try it!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123