Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question About Unlocking...

Default Question About Unlocking...
    Ok, I've jailbroken/Activated my new, 8 gig iphone, but I've got one more question before I install anySIM... and i'm sorry if it's been asked before.

There's a sim card that's already inside of the iphone - the one that came with the phone itself (at&t i beleive). Do I have to have the SIM card I will be usinginside the iphone before I install anySIM, or can I just unlock the iphone with the default sim card in, take it out, and pop the new one in>?

Thanks

??

???
    Last edited by creznor; 12-07-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it doesn't matter what you have in when you 'install' anysim from the installer source,
    but when you RUN anysim - to actually do the unlocking, it will tell you in the instructions which sim to have in, I'm pretty sure it is the new sim.

Does anyone know if you can use an iphone as a itouch until the new hack for the 1.1.2 comes out?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wingtee View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use an iphone as a itouch until the new hack for the 1.1.2 comes out?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15837
    haven't done it (or even read it), but the title seems to be what you are looking for.