Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnySim Tutorial??

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Does anyone have a step by step tutorial they can post on using AnySim 1.2.1? I've tried using it quite a few times and can't unlock for using a foreign
    Thanks
    Question AnySim Tutorial??
    Does anyone have a step by step tutorial they can post on using AnySim 1.2.1? I've tried using it quite a few times and can't unlock for using a foreign SIM card.

My phone is a 1.1.1 that was jailbroken and upgraded to 1.1.2. I did OktoPrep and have the installer and have installed AnySim from the modmyi source but it still won't unlock the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doby....

Thanks

See the Guides section, tis all there
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    See the Guides section, tis all there
    IT IS NOT THERE! I'm not an idiot! I have searched the forum for two days and have found at least three different methods none of which have worked for me yet. So don't insult my intelligence by saying something like "Search, tis all there"!!

I have been using forums for many years and understand that I should search before just asking questions. So, if I have gotten to the point where I'm asking for help, it's obvious that instead of a comment I NEED ACTUAL HELP!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DobyTheDoggy View Post
    IT IS NOT THERE! I'm not an idiot! I have searched the forum for two days and have found at least three different methods none of which have worked for me yet. So don't insult my intelligence by saying something like "Search, tis all there"!!

I have been using forums for many years and understand that I should search before just asking questions. So, if I have gotten to the point where I'm asking for help, it's obvious that instead of a comment I NEED ACTUAL HELP!!!!
    I see. So because the guides didn't work for you, they're not guides anymore? Exactly what type of logic is that anyway? Do you think perhaps it might be you whose following them incorrectly? I don't need to insult your intelligence, as you seem to be doing that quite well on your own.

I guess you'll be heartened to know you'll receive no assistance from me.

Thanks
    I see. So because the guides didn't work for you, they're not guides anymore? Exactly what type of logic is that anyway? Do you think perhaps it might be you whose following them incorrectly? I don't need to insult your intelligence, as you seem to be doing that quite well on your own.

I guess you'll be heartened to know you'll receive no assistance from me.
    That was exactly the response I expected from you based on your first comment. I will work on it myself and seek help from others for the answer. Thanks anyway....

Thanks

Excellent retort. I don't much like arguing with kids so I'll leave it at that. Just some friendly advise however, there's an old saying that you can catch more flys with honey than with vinegar. Perhaps you should take that into consideration before you fly off the handle at someone for making a simple and logical suggestion. Ciao

Thanks
    Excellent retort. I don't much like arguing with kids so I'll leave it at that. Just some friendly advise however, there's an old saying that you can catch more flys with honey than with vinegar. Perhaps you should take that into consideration before you fly off the handle at someone for making a simple and logical suggestion. Ciao
    So now you've resorted to calling me names? If I was a kid I would have told you what I ACTUALLY thought of your comments and and obviously over-inflated sense of self worth but I didn't! I simply pointed out to you that unlike some people I wouldn't ask a question unless I had already exhausted all of my resources trying to find the answer! (That includes reading the guides!)

Perhaps next time you will take a more PROACTIVE approach to a persons question instead of simply inflicting moderator attitude upon them and making silly assumptions! ie....people don't search for answers before asking questions!

Everyone I have met and talked with on this forum has been extremely helpful and never belittled my questions. That is with the exception of you! But, 99% ain't bad!

I will leave you with this;

With great power (Mr. Moderator) comes great responsibility! The priveledge of power is given so that you might do something great for the people, not so that you can appear stronger than the people that gave it to you.....
    Last edited by DobyTheDoggy; 12-07-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks

Please tell me you didn't just quote Spiderman to me. Ah well, c'est la vie. I'm actually quite happy to help everyone on this board as much as I can, when treated with nominal respect. Which is one of the reasons I was offered a "Mr. Moderator" position. Looks like we have an equal and opposing 1% view of each other so I guess we can leave it as is. Good luck to you, I'm sure with your attitude you'll go far.