+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock US Iphone for use in Ireland

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Unlock US Iphone for use in Ireland -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok I have a us IPhone on ATT. My wife has ATT Sim that she use's for work. Here company pays!!!! All
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Unlock US Iphone for use in Ireland
    Unlock US Iphone for use in Ireland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I have a us IPhone on ATT. My wife has ATT Sim that she use's for work. Here company pays!!!! All international calls ect.

We are going to Ireland for Christmas and I was wondering what I need to do to prepare the iphone so that it will work over there. Again I will not pay roaming or internet charges so I just need it to work.

As of now I have a modded phone with 1.1.2 on it. All applications work installer ssht wifi ect. I just don't have it unlocked for other carriers. I'm looking again for the easiest program to do this so I can just put her sim in and go.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay Dunigan

Green Apple
    Thanks

When did you get your iPhone? This justify's if your phone can be in fact unlocked. The week 45 and after OTB 1.1.2 phones have a boot loader on them that will not let you unlock them. Also mac or pc?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Day one and I'm a PC man. So sounds like I have a chance. Anyhelp would be much appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    Day one and I'm a PC man. So sounds like I have a chance. Anyhelp would be much appreciated.
    mate we really need to know whether it came with v1.1.2 out of the box or not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sounds like he just wants it to roam? please clarify

Green Apple
    Thanks

When did you get your iPhone? ANSWER Day One. So it had the original Baseband sorry for not being clear. Thanks for your help,

Jay

Also I want my wife's sim to be in it. right now it works with mine but not hers. Both Att and yes when I get to Ireland it will be roaming I assume. Edge would be a big plus if that is available. I believe it is.

Wow it worked!!! Wife's sim in. Now question will it work in Ireland. Phone or edge?
    Last edited by pospower; 12-08-2007 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

add the modmyi source to installer (I believe its http://www.modmyi.com/installer.xml) and then install "Anysim 1.2u"

Before you run anysim, put your 1.1.2 phone into airplane mode (Setting -> Airplane Mode On), then run Anysim and voila your phone will restart, and your wife's sim card will now work.