Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking iphone

Default unlocking iphone
    hi guys can anyone help.. if recently got a new iphone with firmware version 1.1.2 and i need to downgrade it to 1.0.2.. how can i do this if possible as i need to unlock the sim lock..

regards
    ced

Default RE: unlocking iphone
    hold the power button and the home button until you get a yellow triangle and download the 1.0.2 firmware put the restore button with shift button and then will be an error so install the apptap installer then it will ask you for activation then you activate with point and click activation with youtube thatīs it now my wiNstaller doesn`t work it says that error comunicating with iphone

you can NOT unlock OTB iphones. no matter if you downgrade it then update.

what is OTB iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by cedric7 View Post
    what is OTB iphone?
    not to be rude or anything but first of all if you're talking about unlocking got to the unlock forums!!!!!!!!!!!
    and if you're talking about unlock an Out of The Box (OTB) iPhone 1.1.2... then read the stickies on the top!!!!!! this question has been answer soooo many times already..

no you can NOT UNLOCK an OTB 1.1.2 .. but you can jailbreak tho..

Quote Originally Posted by myronguachalla View Post
    hold the power button and the home button until you get a yellow triangle and download the 1.0.2 firmware put the restore button with shift button and then will be an error so install the apptap installer then it will ask you for activation then you activate with point and click activation with youtube thatīs it now my wiNstaller doesn`t work it says that error comunicating with iphone
    please dont give out wrong information to noobies that might brick their iphone... nobody would like their iphones to brick or would they?
    Last edited by bebex; 12-06-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost