+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked 1.1.1 Canadian questions

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok after a good hour of reading sticky post and using the search button I was unable to find anything to answer or even clue me in. I'm 25, living
    HGI
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Unlocked 1.1.1 Canadian questions
    Ok after a good hour of reading sticky post and using the search button I was unable to find anything to answer or even clue me in. I'm 25, living in western Canada. Got my iPhone a few days ago off ebay and running it on rogers.

My phone is already unlocked and running v1.1.1 (or at least that's what the seller described it as)

Now I'm wanting to get into customizing it, like buttons and the way the home screen is. From what I can understand is I just goto jailbreak.com on my phone and it's done? I have iPhoneBrowser V1.4 and I did read the Uploading Themes With iPhoneBrowser.pdf when I "go to location" > "summerboards" it says

Error: The program could not find the path /var/root/library/summerboard/themes on your iPhone. Have you successfully used jailbreak?

So I guess yea I have yet to jailbreak this thing... So how do I jailbreak and how high is the risk of bricking the phone? Cause last thing I need is a unusable phone in Canada.

Thanks for any feedback on this, and again sorry for the question that's probably been answered at least 100 times today.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Doing nothing is safe, but that's no fun
    www.jailbreakme.com on your iPhone.
    scroll down and install appsnapp
    Last edited by Broomhead; 12-07-2007 at 11:49 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

HGI (12-07-2007), jimsjim (12-22-2007)

Thanks

If you don't already have Installer.app on your phone, that's a good indication you have jailbroken yet. Once it has been jailbroken, install Community Services, BSD Subsystem and finally Summerboard. Then you can start uploading themes for it. Either through your computer or through installer.app
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

HGI
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Broomhead,

I did what you said on my phone through edge and in the end i was at a website... all white with a tiny small blue ? image

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Very few people have got it to work over the edge.
    So you need to go to a wifi hot spot. McDonald's or starbucks and try it again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i may be completely wrong - but if he's using the phone in canada, then that means that it is unlocked - and if it's unlocked, it should already be jailbroken?