Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM #1Firmware 1.1.3 Coming on Saturday?
This might make 1.1.2 OTB unlock possible.
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM #2
12-06-2007, 11:14 AM #3
I can't understand how it will make The new bootloader unlockable ?
12-06-2007, 11:58 AM #4
Because it is rumored that the hackers have an unlock working already but don't want to release it and give apple a chance to fix it before the 1.1.3 release.
12-06-2007, 12:11 PM #5
With all due respect I doubt that. If it were already hacked, it would be out by now. Those concerns never delayed release of successful hacks before.
I am very concerned that the much vaunted "devs" have finally been thwarted by Steve J. and his minions. I havent even heard much from the so called "elite" devs. I think they are beaten and are allowing this "rumor" go unchalenged to save face.
Again, this is just speculation on my part.
I dont think there is going to be a successful hack in the near future
12-06-2007, 12:16 PM #6
Last edited by Eurisko; 12-06-2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged DoublepostGet "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:
12-06-2007, 01:22 PM #7
Yeah, really! I can see that maybe they have lightened up a bit on everything, but I am sure they all have a life that includes friends, family, maybe even children. I bet their first priority is not doing what they do for us.. wouldn't you be the same way if you were a dev?
I know I sure would...
Just appreciate what you have received so far...Proud MMi Retired Moderator.
12-06-2007, 01:22 PM #8
well said eurisko.
we wouldnt be where we are today without the dev team.
fair play too those lads and gals if there is any!
12-06-2007, 01:28 PM #9Quick Q:
Let's just say Apple does release their new 1.1.3 version (assuming this Saturday), that does not necessarily mean that Apple will change or upgrade the bootloader (from 4.6), or am I wrong? From what I understood (or read), if they do release the 1.1.3 but without Apple changing the bootloader, our beloved hackers won't be able to unlock the newest version which is the 1.1.2 (04.02.13_G Bootloader 4.6)?! Can anyone clarify this? I am not losing hope & am willing to wait for the newest software to unlock the version 1.1.2, but I am just a bit worried that it could take longer than expected (we all hope not)...
I am getting a bit frustrated & I am trying not to go with TurboSim as much as possible...
12-06-2007, 01:36 PM #10
i don't think we're waiting on 1.1.3 for hopes of a new bootloader, we need a new baseband. there's a much better chance that 1.1.3 will have a new baseband as opposed to a new bootloader.
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM #11
yeah this whole iphone crazyness that is going on wouldnt be real if it wasnt for the essential works of the dev team...
im too getting tired of waitng for the new hack to come out, i dont even think is going to come out in a month or so..
so what now? well what i did was order myself a nice turbosim
and if im wrong and it comes out soon, that will suck for me
12-06-2007, 05:44 PM #12as for me....
I think the dev and elite teams are great .. shows apple what we want and how we want it ...
12-06-2007, 06:03 PM #13
I meant no disrespect to the fine folks that made all this possible.
12-06-2007, 10:54 PM #14
I guess we'll just have to hope that this comes with a new BL.
12-06-2007, 11:08 PM #15
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
so how do we know this is actually true? i hope it is though,but from what ive read if we get this release it will make unlocking easier because the bootloader will only accept a secpack from a new version of the software not anything lower
12-06-2007, 11:50 PM #16
Tomorrow is Friday. I can't wait to see whether this rumor about the release of the new version is really coming out on Saturday. We'll have to see. My main concern is to finally have an unlock solution to 1.1.2.
12-07-2007, 02:49 AM #17
Lets hope this will help finding the way to unlock or downgrade 1.1.2 .. although I'm afraid Apple will be smart enough to release 1.1.3 with same BL and modem frameware version as of 1.1.2 .. one day remaining ..
12-08-2007, 11:52 AM #18
Does anyone know if Apple released the 1.1.3 version already?
12-08-2007, 02:42 PM #19
I don't have any doubt with the Apple dev team.
I'm sure they'll hack 1.1.3 successfully, no doubt.
12-08-2007, 03:11 PM #20
Well its Saturday, nothing yet