+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brand new iPhone 8GB

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just got my 8GB iPhone, tok just 4 weeks in transport and **** from USA to Norway. But anyways, when i got it it was unlocked etc etc. But
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Brand new iPhone 8GB
    I just got my 8GB iPhone, tok just 4 weeks in transport and **** from USA to Norway. But anyways, when i got it it was unlocked etc etc.

But i cant figure out what version it is and i want the newest FW, and a norwegian keybord. AND i cant get it to work on the wap network. Thoo i have downloaded the Norwegian, Tele2 Wap/gsm settings.
    All i get is:
    Connection failure.

How can i figure out the FW when it is opened and good to go? I have tried the Settings/General/About but it DOST exists. in Settings it says:
    Phone Setup
    Call Settup
    Network Setup
    Security Setup
    Restore
    Sound effect
    Pen Cal.

No General or About.

I also tried the *#3001#* or what ever it was, tried alot and all i get out of that is that the phone calls up the number end gets error, i tried pulling out my sim and do the emergency thing, but it dost come up, onlu enter SIM, and SOS.

WHAT am i doing wrong?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmishPark View Post
    I just got my 8GB iPhone, tok just 4 weeks in transport and **** from USA to Norway. But anyways, when i got it it was unlocked etc etc.

But i cant figure out what version it is and i want the newest FW, and a norwegian keybord. AND i cant get it to work on the wap network. Thoo i have downloaded the Norwegian, Tele2 Wap/gsm settings.
    All i get is:
    Connection failure.

How can i figure out the FW when it is opened and good to go? I have tried the Settings/General/About but it DOST exists. in Settings it says:
    Phone Setup
    Call Settup
    Network Setup
    Security Setup
    Restore
    Sound effect
    Pen Cal.

No General or About.

I also tried the *#3001#* or what ever it was, tried alot and all i get out of that is that the phone calls up the number end gets error, i tried pulling out my sim and do the emergency thing, but it dost come up, onlu enter SIM, and SOS.

WHAT am i doing wrong?
    You sure you got a real iPhone because the settings you posted are not correct. Dial *3001#12345#* to enter field test mode. If it tries to dial the # instead, sounds like you got bamboozled and got an HiPhone (fake) instead.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 06-18-2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Field test info.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WOT????? F********* i cant belive it.......
    But i guess its true, cuz it dosnt look like the iPhone screen...
    How can i check up on what phone it is? Where can i see that or is there a command (*890123* thing) that will give me type?

Cuz all on it is apple marked, so i took it for good fish that it was iPhone, but when i got in, the sms and setup menus was off.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Post some pictures of it....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sick man, bad luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There, some images of the "iPhone".
    I noticed the Apple sign on the phone is a mirror image, there is a memory card, there is no General under Settings, There is only 500k space on the phone, 250 on the mem card, no emergency slider without sim, no iTunes or safari in menu, the sub menus sux in graphics, and lots of other stuff..

The woman i bought it from say she got it from apple store, sendt from florida USA, and ofc i can get my money back, meaning she dosnt know the diffrence on the phones, and probobly some one stiffed her.

Any one wanna comment?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thats not an iPhone. You got pwned

Why so low res on the images?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So its not the iPhone, why the HELL did she say she got it from the apple store? and ALL of the packaging is Apple marked, down to the last detail... hmm awww well il just send it back and get my money back.

Anyone know of someone ligit that can get me the iPhone? 2 iPhones i mean...

EDIT: ohh and the low ress.. faster upload, and download. and i used imageshack and didnt want to wait forever on the image upload, aint got the best line.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hope that works, to me it sounds like she ripped you of

Could you please take a photo of the package it come in?

In sweden you can buy iPhone via: International-Orders.com International Checkout - International-Shopping. - Stores, its legit.

Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Salan For This Useful Post:

AmishPark (06-19-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is the package.
    And its a bitt better ress.

ok new update on the matter, the woman i got em from, uses others to buy the phone for her cuz of the buy limit. She used some dude in florida, and seems like he stiffed her, and sendt me some half price crap instead, so she sayd she will look into it, and send me some new phones, free ofc. then i just send her backthe 2 fakes.....

So seems like it will go smooth after all.

But does the dock follow the 8gb?
    Last edited by AmishPark; 06-19-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Oh, I am so sorry to hear you got taken advantage of. Hopefully you did not spend alot of money. Why don't you till the new release and you should be able to get a new 3G iPhone at a better price.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, as i understood it the new 3G phone will only work IF activated IN store, and a signed contract, is this true? or can it be hacked/jailebroken/unlocked as the old version?

Ohh and i get new phones from the woman that messed up.. i can eaven get the 16GB OR the new 3G phone. just gotta talk some more about what happend with the other phones cuz someone along the way switched the phones. So woopee for me and for al the legit ppl out there bringing US iPhones =P
    Last edited by AmishPark; 06-19-2008 at 02:03 PM.