Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vodafone Users In Italy

Default Vodafone Users In Italy
    I guess this is quite important for those who are running an unlocked iPhone in Italy, using a VODAFONE SIM.

Let's assume that you didn't set the EDGE connection up (web.omnitel.it - no username - no password), and you use the iPhone only when wi-fi connected.

It may happen that you try to get online before the wi-fi is up and running:
    in that case the iPhone starts to try to connect to internet using EDGE, with no success of course.

Well, Vodafone charges you the time you are on anyway, even if you didn't have any data coming and/or incoming.

The only way is to turn the edge off completely.

you know what man i appreciate you putting this out there. I just wish i had found this post before i lost all my minutes. and this happened a couple of times. i would go and buy like 80euro and lose it within like a day or two. but like 3 days ago i finally realized i needed to turn the edge off. and now im keeping all my minutes. btw fyi im stationed near naples in gricignano di aversa.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And... who do you turn off the EDGE completely????, because I think is happening the same here in Spain to me.....

if u have installer all you have to do is go download net services app.

when you get it turn off edge