+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anysim 1.2u Problem Please Help

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Everytime i try and run anySI 1.2u It stops less tn a quarter into the "Copying Firmware" message than the little circle in the center of the screen pops up(the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Anysim 1.2u Problem Please Help
    Everytime i try and run anySI 1.2u It stops less tn a quarter into the "Copying Firmware" message than the little circle in the center of the screen pops up(the one that lets you know its busy) then reboots itself>after coming back on you see the little white apple in the middle of the screen>after 2 mins the computer then again reads the phone and iTunes reads the phone as recovery mode>then the little circle comes back up>circle starts to fill itself in until it looks like its not spining clockwise>then reboots itself again> and repeats itself doing that.

phone was out of the box 1.0.2> virginized it after the unlock>complete restore up to 1.1.1 VIA shift+upgrade from iTUnes>then downloaded anySIM1.1 from installer and unlocked(but just read it's recommended to unlock with 1.1p for some reason....WHY?)>upgraded to 1.1.2 VIA shift/upgrade>downloaded anysim 1.2u ran it and crashed or something...

HELP PLEASE
    Last edited by Spastic909; 12-04-2007 at 06:56 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore to 1.1.1 if thats the version you want and try a differant version of anysim.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i want 1.1.2 that was the point of this post., im asking why it crashes and never works nomatter how i try

thanks for your response

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic909 View Post
    Everytime i try and run anySI 1.2u It stops less tn a quarter into the "Copying Firmware" message than the little circle in the center of the screen pops up(the one that lets you know its busy) then reboots itself>after coming back on you see the little white apple in the middle of the screen>after 2 mins the computer then again reads the phone and iTunes reads the phone as recovery mode>then the little circle comes back up>circle starts to fill itself in until it looks like its not spining clockwise>then reboots itself again> and repeats itself doing that.

phone was out of the box 1.0.2> virginized it after the unlock>complete restore up to 1.1.1 VIA shift+upgrade from iTUnes>then downloaded anySIM1.1 from installer and unlocked(but just read it's recommended to unlock with 1.1p for some reason....WHY?)>upgraded to 1.1.2 VIA shift/upgrade>downloaded anysim 1.2u ran it and crashed or something...

HELP PLEASE
    AnySIM 1.2 works for the 04.02_13_G baseband. So in order to upgrade the baseband to that version you have to update the phone with the 1.1.2 firmware once, then downgrade to 1.1.1.

Well, if you want a 1.1.2 phone the things you have to do are simply the following (assuming you start with a 1.0.2 phone out of the box):
    - Upgrade the firmware to 1.1.2
    - Get into restore mode
    - Downgrade to firmware 1.1.1 via iTunes (it will report an error with code 1015 or so, do not bother with it, there is no problem...)
    - Use iNdependence to get out of the restore mode
    - Activate and jailbreak using the *#307# method...
    - Install BSD subsystem and anySIM 1.2 via the installer.app on the iPhone.
    - Run anySIM 1.2. The modem baseband will be unlocked now.
    - Install OktoPrep via installer.app
    - Update (not restore!) to 1.1.2 again via iTunes.
    - Then perform jailbreak.
    and finally you have a 1.1.2 iPhone up and running...

In fact all these step are explained in detail here in this site. Please follow them up. The following guide should help you..

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._%28Upgrade%29

By the way this link also may be of good help...

http://www.winandmac.com/mobile/ipho...ck-iphone-112/
    Last edited by omaar; 12-07-2007 at 11:09 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlockink
    I am going to be traveling to europe in the coming months and want to use my iphone there. I am running 1.1.2 update from 1.1.1 using the jailbreakme.com method. I have att and do not need to unlock the phone. My question is can I unlock the iphone via anysim 1.1.2 and use a euro sim in my phone while i am in europe and when I return just pop back the att sim in my iphone

Also if do choose to unlock my phone does my att sim need to be in the phone as I am about to run anysim 1.1.2.