Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible OTB 1.1.2 Unlock from Berlin?

Default Possible OTB 1.1.2 Unlock from Berlin?
    So it seems this guy in Berlin has found a way to unlock an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone. How soon before this becomes mainstrean?

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18332

and here's another link to answer some questions.
    http://ourphone.blogspot.com/2007/12...in-berlin.html

"A german guy running his business out of a headshop in Berlin finally did it:
    He found a method to software unlock iPhones OTB 1.1.2 bootloader 4.6
    He claimed to publish his method next month. Until this he will provide this service for 120 Euro (app. 175 US $).
    He says, he reads out the EMEI and generates a code out of it. This code will unlock the iPhone OTB 1.1.2. Generating this code will take up to 48 hours. So I guess hes using some brute force technique.

The facts:

- He states to have a 'real unlock for 1.1.2 OTB
    - He knows what BL4.6 is apparently and states his unlock is full functional with it
    - He states his unlock resists all updates
    - He claims it is a like a real true factory unlock from AT&T

Find out more on the related hackint0sh thread which discusses this iPhones OTB 1.1.2 unlock method.
"
    Last edited by falconeyez; 12-04-2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

wow....thats awesome. I hop he publishes sooner than a month...i can't wait any longer

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

How is that possible? These phones don't ask for the sim unlock pin. If that was the case someone would have leaked out an imei calculator when the iPhone first came out. I think the guy is full of crap. Someone else would have found that a long ***** time ago.

Default through itunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by chris52204 View Post
    How is that possible? These phones don't ask for the sim unlock pin. If that was the case someone would have leaked out an imei calculator when the iPhone first came out. I think the guy is full of crap. Someone else would have found that a long ***** time ago.
    Sounds like he's unlocking it with itunes - simulating /replacing code that apple sends to unlock