+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so i bought an iphone today (uk from the carphone warehouse) and i paid (i know silly, but i didnt have a clue) to get the details of how
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help
    Ok so i bought an iphone today (uk from the carphone warehouse) and i paid (i know silly, but i didnt have a clue) to get the details of how to unlock well semi unlock the phone so i could use my 02 pay and go sim.

so the phone comes out of box with 1.1.2 and i have follwed everything down and can now get onto the 'springbox' screen

so far so good, then i says to click installer then tweeks 1.1.1 then ok to prep then install.

so i do that then it says now plug in and set up a name for it and it says im running 1.1.1 so far so good then i click update your iphone to 1.1.2 and wait for it to install etc. but then the phone re-boots and i have the itunes logo and the usb lead screen with 'slide for emergancy' in different languages at the bottom and itunes goes to the store to activate. and now i'm supposed to run jailbreak so i click 'jarilbreak.jar' but it says my iphone isn't connected (which it is) if i un-plug i can no longer reach the 'springbox' screen just the itunes/usb lead screen

Please help someone i know its long but im sure you guys no what your on about

Thanks

"and now i'm supposed to run jailbreak so i click 'jarilbreak.jar' but it says my iphone isn't connected (which it is)"

After this, simply unplug your iPhone and plug it back in. If jailbreak.jar doesn't continue, run it again.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so when itunes comes up with the store to activate and the phone shows the itunes logo with the usb lead i unplug and plug back in then run jailbreak ? yeah ?

i think i did that but still said it wasn't connected.

oh and thx for fast reply.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff25 View Post
    so when itunes comes up with the store to activate and the phone shows the itunes logo with the usb lead i unplug and plug back in then run jailbreak ? yeah ?

i think i did that but still said it wasn't connected.

oh and thx for fast reply.
    Shut down iTunes and its Helper daemon so it doesn't interrupt things. You can shut down the daemon by going into the Task Manager, the daemon is called Ituneshelper

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still says not connected and the itunes logo/usb lead is still on screen

Just to confirm i still have the sim card that came with the phoen init , is that right ?

Thanks

Still says not connected and the itunes logo/usb lead is still on screen

Just to confirm i still have the sim card that came with the phoen init , is that right ?
    Hmm.... have you tried a different USC port? Is this a PC or Mac?

You should have the new SIM that you're going to be using in the phone for the activation process.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pc

and i have tried that

have you done this yourself ?

am i doing everything right, like should the itunes/usb screen be there now

Thanks

pc

and i have tried that

have you done this yourself ?

am i doing everything right, like should the itunes/usb screen be there now
    Yup, I did it, on a Mac though, but that shouldn't make a difference. Mine booted the iPhone into a French "slide for emergency" screen, rebooted two more times and done. It does take awhile, are you being patient?

Since you're using a PC, are you double clicking on the jailbreak.bat or directly on the jailbreak.jar file? PC doesn't recognize it natively, so you have to use the .bat file.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i tried clicking on the file 'windows.bat' but then a dos window opens then closes faster than you can blink.

so i just asumed i had to click the .jar file

is this wrong then ?

Thanks

i tried clicking on the file 'windows.bat' but then a dos window opens then closes faster than you can blink.

so i just asumed i had to click the .jar file

is this wrong then ?
    Open up the .bat file in a text editor, and see what commands it runs. Open up a Command Line window and type in the commands manually. It may be giving you an error message that you're not catching.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok will give it a go, but having more probs now cause i thought i had done summit wrong i restored it back to 1.1.1 and now cant get the appsnap thing to work i click appsnap then it goes back to the home page of a world then goes black and nothing....think im gonna cry lol

also when i open the .bat file in notepad all i get is this....

java -jar jailbreak.jar
    Last edited by Cardiff25; 12-04-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Open up the .bat file in a text editor, and see what commands it runs. Open up a Command Line window and type in the commands manually. It may be giving you an error message that you're not catching.
    You need to make sure you have JAVA installed on your PC. For whatever reason I couldn't get it to work on Vista so I used an older computer running XP and worked fine. But like it was stated in an earlier post, if you fget a screen that says the iphone is not connected, just unplug it (without closing the program window) and plug it back in. You'll then see the files being copied over. Hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cheers guys got it done last night, it seems all i had to do was extract the files into a new folder togther not just click on the one i wanted from winrar.

just tryign to work out how to put music on the iphone without having to make it into a playlist and sync it

BUT THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELPS GUYS YOU REALLY DO ROCK!!!!