+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How easy is it to unlock iphone using iLiberty?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was wondering how easy it was to unlock the iphone using the iLiberty software? What are the risks and such? Wouldn't it "brick" the phone? I'm asking this because
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How easy is it to unlock iphone using iLiberty?
    I was wondering how easy it was to unlock the iphone using the iLiberty software? What are the risks and such? Wouldn't it "brick" the phone? I'm asking this because my friend is wanting me to unlock his iphone and I was wondering if I should be the one to do it or not.

I've done jail-breaking before so I'm experienced on softwares. Can someone give me the step-by-step process on how one would unlock the iPhone with the iLiberty? is it as simple as installing the software and then unlocking the iPhone? How long is the process gonna take? What are the most common mistakes people made using this software? What are the risks and chances of a failed unlocking?

Thanks

Check "Unlock" box. Wait a minute and a half. Enjoy.

Literally, there's hardly any risk with iLiberty+. It's quite safe.

Green Apple
    Thanks

are you sure about this? Has anyone failed using the iLiberty + ? If so then how many people ? What is the ratio of success to failure? I'm really worried because I don't want to break my friend's phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

I have used this program to unlock 2 phones and 1 touch. Like All Day said, check the unlock box and click on "free my iphone" and wait about 3 minutes and your phone is free.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i can also vouch for iliberty, very easy to use, just one click, sit there and watch the magic happen

pretty much does that ziphone does, except some say ziphone is a bad idea, lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

i used it on 5 iphones and one touch , NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS ... as easy as "all day " said ...

Thanks

you have swayed me

"pokes hole in speaker"

i sat ad thought to myself, maybe its not the speaker were poking into, maybe its a tiny felt layer thats put in place to keep dirt from getting into our phones speaker (when i ripped my old phone open it had this so im going to assume apple did the same)

oh and also remember the speaker is on the left for those who dont know, lol
    Last edited by movalwebmaster; 06-17-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How long does it take for iliberty to activate and unlock the iphone? My phone has been downgrading from BL 4.6 for 20 mins now, is that normal?

Thanks

hmm nope not normal at all, its a fairly quick and easy process.

id say un plug it from the computer, shut iphone off and start again, but i really couldnt tell u what would happen, i might work, you might have to restore =/

worst case is a system restore :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when I try 2 restore via itunes I get an error message sayin my sim is locked or not installed. so i can't even restore it. can anyone help me

Thanks

now ive had that happen to me before to, it makes no sense, when u have the sim in it gets locked because you have the sim pin activated, thats where ur problem comes in, only way u can get past this is if u use an older sim, put it in, do restore, phone wont activate because sim is inactive, so use ziphone to activate, i liberty to jailbreak/hack

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've come to find that I have the dreaded "1011" problem. Which is when you have, No WiFi , Bluetooth, IMEI , ICCID, and the baseband is erased completely. All attempts at restoring my phone to factory setting end with the "error 1011" code. Can anyone who's had and fixed this problem tell me the simplest way to do so?

Thanx Movalwebmaster, for all of your help thus far and any help you an contribute to this ongoing dillema of mine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I unlocked my iPhone with ZiPhone 2.5 when it was OOB. Im going to restore the phone today and now Im thinking about using iLiberty since many ppl tells me that it is better. But im worried about one thing: didnt ZiPhone downgrade something(think its called bootloader?). Will this interfere with the iLiberty unlocking process? Should I use ZiPhone again instead since Ive allready used it on this phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Salan View Post
    I unlocked my iPhone with ZiPhone 2.5 when it was OOB. Im going to restore the phone today and now Im thinking about using iLiberty since many ppl tells me that it is better. But im worried about one thing: didnt ZiPhone downgrade something(think its called bootloader?). Will this interfere with the iLiberty unlocking process? Should I use ZiPhone again instead since Ive allready used it on this phone?
    The 2.5 Ziphone software is so out dated, I've used the Ziphone 3.0 for mines as well as a couple of friends and I got no errors..You may want to update the software and then give it a shot, your luck should increase drastically.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So you think that I should keep using ZiPhone? The thing im worried about is that the boot loader got downgraded... Shouldnt I care about that?
    Last edited by Salan; 06-19-2008 at 12:38 PM.