Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is it best to buy the iphone now (if you dont have one)

Default is it best to buy the iphone now (if you dont have one)
    I was just wondering if it is best to buy the iphone now, I was planning to get one before Xmas anyway, but if I wait until the next firmware 1.1.3 comes out will they change the OTB iphone to that firmware like they did on 9th november? so the phone you buy will be on the newest firmware?
    I will not be using o2 (in the UK) but I guess I can use the touch feature? I know there is a lot of confusion with OTB iphones and I wanted to clear this one up... (I did use the search) and could not find any answers to this one

Thanks, from Newbee Azzeg

i would say if you have the money laying around and dont care if you have to sit on a phone that doesnt work for a couple weeks buy it now, because you dont want to get stuck with a 113 phone, who knows when that would be unlocked, this is really a messed up position to be in, everybody is saying it will be soon but you never know, i say if you have the money and you can sit on it for a while buy it know, or try to find one on ebay that is 111....just my 2 pennys

chiming in a little late.... but if it were me, i would wait til next year when the new iphone comes out. It'll have 3G and probably be gps enabled. that is IF you can wait til spring or early summer.